Position Summary: The seleceted candidate will be responsible for performing numerous tasks relative to food preparation, and ware-washing service. Specific functions include preparation of hot and cold foods utilizing standardized recipes, setting up the dining rooms for service, serving food, busing tables, safe operation of ware-washing machine, and proper garbage disposal and sanitation procedures. Management will assign employee's duties daily based on volume, staff size, and other factors. Accepts directions of management.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Preparation and Food Handling
a. Prepares food items for the menu in accordance with the standardized recipes, established portion sizes, proper production techniques, and department presentation standards to ensure uniformly high quality products. May assist in production and grill work.
b. Maintains the kitchen, kitchen equipment, and related areas in a safe and sanitary condition at all times. Reports any safety and sanitation hazards.
c. Adheres to the policy of "clean as you go". Assists in daily, weekly, and periodic cleaning and maintenance duties.
d. Maintains the storage areas utilizing proper storage techniques, including enforcing a FIFO (first-in/first out) policy for all foodstuffs.
e. Is familiar with all food preparation procedures including the regular use of standardized recipes.
f. Breaks down food items at the end of each day's final meal period and properly stores them.
g. Covers, labels, and dates all leftover foodstuffs being stored.
h. Alerts management to products, which are spoiled or otherwise inedible.
2. Service Responsibilities
a. Obtains containers of food, pre-plated foods, and appropriate serving utensils, placing these along the line prior to service according to established line set-up procedures and New Jersey State Health Codes and Regulations.
b. Serves food from steam table adhering to portion control standards. Serves food so that each plate presents a neat appetizing appearance.
c. Maintains neat appearance of service lines throughout meal including appropriate garnishing.
d. Clears the steam table and line following service and washes/sanitizes the counter surface.
a. Clears trays and bus pans of dishes; scrapes, sorts, and stacks dishes to be washed and cleaned.
b. Separates garbage from dishes and utensils and properly disposes of garbage.
c. Safely operates the dish machine to wash and clean the chinaware and silverware, being sure they are completely clean and dry before returning them to service.
d. Returns clean dishes, pots and pans, and utensils to appropriate areas. This includes sorting and inspecting silverware.
a. Performs side duties as assigned in accordance with set maintenance and cleaning schedules. Side duties would include de-liming dish-machines; and cleaning floors, refrigerators, walls, equipment, etc.
b. Adheres to policies as addressed in the Personnel Manual, including policies in reference to smoking, employee meals, uniforms, conduct, appearance, safety, etc.
c. Performs other tasks as directed by management.
Monday & Wednesday .....................4:15 pm - 8:30 pm
Friday, Saturday & Sunday................4:15 pm - 8:30 pm
Schedule will be discussed during the interview process and established when an offer of employment is made. Flexibility, nights, weekends as well as work outside the Unit is required. Schedule may change due to business needs.
Essential Qualifications: Position Requires:
1. Ability to read, write and follow verbal and written instructions.
2. Flexibility with scheduling. Weekend work and work outside unit required.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Stand or walk up to 2 hours at one time for a total of 6-8 hours per day.
2. Sit for no more than 2 hours during an 8 hour day, except for cashiers and card checkers who may sit for 2 - 4 hours at one time for a total of 4 - 6 hours per day.
3. Lift or carry up to 30 pounds frequently (34 - 66% of the workday).
4. Lift or carry up to 50 pounds occasionally (less than 33% of the workday).
5. Push or pull using forces up to 50 pounds occasionally (less than 33 % of the workday).
6. Frequently use hands for simple grasping, fine manipulation, pushing or pulling with forces up to 30 pounds (34 - 66% of the workday).
7. Bend, squat, kneel, climb stairs, reach overhead, lift overhead occasionally (less than 33% of the work day).
8. Lift up to 30 pounds in a range of motions from floor to overhead; lift 50 pounds in a range of motions from floor to chest height.
9. Work under a range of temperature conditions (e.g., kitchens, walk-in refrigerators and freezers, etc).
10. Possess physical agility, full range of motion, and ability to maintain balance.
Six months in a commercial or institutional food service setting (Preferred, not require.)
1. Good interpersonal skills with ability to take direction and work with others.
2. Must be able to learn prescribed methods.
3. Must be able to work rapidly and efficiently during rush periods.
4. Must be familiar with food service procedures.
Finalist must successful complete a pre-employment physical and background check.
Education Required: No Degree
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled or See Position Summary.