Position Summary: The Pace Center for Civic Engagement is Princeton University's central resource for supporting efforts by students, faculty, alumni, and community partners to identify and act on societal challenges. The Pace Center addresses issues of public concern by collaborating with communities, sharing knowledge and resources for the purposes of developing active citizens, stronger communities, and effective public leaders. The Pace Center's mission is to fulfill Princeton University's informal motto, "in the nation's service and in the service of all nations." For more information about the Pace Center and its current portfolio of programs, visit http://pace.princeton.edu.
The Communications Associate will write and edit marketing content and take creative initiative to develop and maintain the center's electronic and print communication. The purpose of this communication is to increase student awareness about civic engagement, increase student participation in civic engagement, and convey the impact of Pace programs and Princeton civic engagement. In addition, the associate will assist in outreach efforts of the center and its affiliated student groups. This includes serving as point person for the center's web and social media sites; designing and developing electronic and print products , including, but not limited to blogs, videos, an annual report, recruitment flyers/posters, advertisements, newsletters, and reports. The associate has the opportunity to work with passionate staff and students to develop unifying and compelling messages that will result in increased awareness of civic engagement. This is an entry-level position with the opportunity to learn new skills, to take on new challenges, and to make a significant impact on the public's awareness of Princeton civic engagement. The associate is expected to be highly self-motivated. The associate may be asked to oversee the work of student assistants. In all cases, the associate will work in close consultation with the Center Director and Associate Director and the university's Office of Communications.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Manage social media presence to promote center's presence and mission
* Expand program recruitment platforms such as YouTube videos, website, promotional materials, information sessions, on-campus fairs
* Communicate the work of the Pace Center in a way that connects a variety of programs and events and emphasizes the center's contribution to the University's informal motto. Examples of such work include faculty-student and student-community partner interactions, collaborations with residential colleges and campus units, and more.
* Leverage emerging trends to create print, electronic and web marketing materials that successfully communicate the centers' messages to its key audiences
* Participate in the development and production of all print and electronic communications, such as weekly electronic newsletter, University program directories, annual report, brochures, reports, poster/flyers, ads, targeted email.
* Manage website content and functionality, including developing and editing content and to ensure and maximize seamless user experience
* Collect data and assist in analyzing print, electronic and web publicity data to evaluate communications effectiveness
* Collaborate with staff in supporting programs, such as orientations, seminars, reflective and debrief opportunities, public presentations, off-campus activities and events
* Supporting the Pace Center director and associate director of the Pace Center to develop and implement effective branding
* Coordinate Center outreach to internal and external stakeholders.
* Coordinate center and student-led on and off campus events.
Essential Qualifications: * Bachelor's degree
* Minimum two- to three-years work experience; public interest/public service experience is a plus
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The final candidate will be required to successfully complete a background check.
Preferred Qualifications: * Degree in a related communications field, such as journalism
* Awareness of multimedia communication strategies
* Experience with content management-based websites and current/popular social media platforms
* Familiarity with graphic design
* Ability to work with, and write for, a variety of constituencies
* Ability to manage simultaneous projects, tasks, deadlines
* Willingness to research, practice and learn new skills, techniques, programs
* High degree of self-motivation, creativity, enthusiasm
* Ability to work as part of a team in a changing and fluid environment
* Commitment to civic engagement and community service
The finalist will be required to successfully pass a background check
Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled or See Position Summary.