Position Summary: The Socio-Cognitive Processes Lab in the Department of Psychology at Princeton University is seeking applications for a COMPUTER PROGRAMMER position. Our lab focuses on understanding how large-scale social phenomena emerge from the interaction between individual cognitive mechanisms and social dynamics. The main responsibility of the successful candidate will be to design applications and software platforms that will facilitate the study of large-scale phenomena.
* Development of platform to allow collection of online social network data
* Design/modify, code, debug, test, and document moderately complex application systems
* Supervise data collection in online social networks
* Write code for data extraction
* Train undergraduate and graduate students to use the software platform
* Create agent-based simulations to investigate collective processes (collective memory, collective beliefs, collective decision-making)
Initial appointment is for one year with possibility for renewal pending satisfactory performance and funding availability Applications will be evaluated beginning June 25th, but will continue until the hiring process is complete.
Essential Qualifications: Masters degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred; strong quantitative and computational skills; an excellent academic record, with evidence of research promise; and expertise in designing behavioral experiments or collecting large-scale data.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications: General Programming Skills, Software Algorithm Design, Software Performance Tuning, Attention to Detail, Software Debugging, Software Development Fundamentals, Software Documentation, Software Testing
Preferred Qualifications: Individuals with strengths in agent-based modeling, social network analysis, and/or large-scale dynamics are strongly encouraged to apply. The successful candidate should be willing to engage in cross-disciplinary interactions.
Princeton University is an equal opportunity employer and complies with applicable EEO and affirmative action regulations.
Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled or See Position Summary.