The School of Architecture at Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, New York, an internationally recognized professional school offering B. Arch, M. Arch and M.S. degrees, invites applications for a full-time tenure track faculty position in the departments of Undergraduate Architecture and Graduate Architecture. With 100 full and part-time faculty members, the Undergraduate program serves a student body of 600 and awards the five-year Bachelor of Architecture degree. The Graduate Architecture and Urban Design (GAUD) program, with 70 full and part-time faculty members, enrolls 220 students. This joint appointment is scheduled to begin in Fall 2014.
The selected candidate will be expected to assume a leadership role in the areas of history and theory of architecture. Responsibilities include:
- Teaching in the core areas of the curriculum;
- Developing and coordinating history and theory courses;
- Serving on department, school, and institute committees;
- Participating in program accreditation;
- Advising students;
- Providing outreach efforts and participating in initiatives, including working closely with the department Chair to promote interdisciplinary and sponsorship collaborations between the history and theory courses and related areas of the curriculum; and
- Performing all other related activities as required.
We require a Master’s degree; a Ph.D. is strongly preferred. Applicants must have expertise in the history and theory of architecture, and at least five years’ teaching experience at the college level. Favorable consideration will be given to candidates with recognized standing in the architectural history and theory field as evidenced by a distinguished record of teaching and achievement, including publications.
SALARY and academic rank are commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Review of applications to begin February 17, 2014 and will continue until the position is filled. Please submit a letter of interest, evidence of scholarly work and research (portfolio optional), and complete curriculum vitae listing the names and contact information for three professional references via our online applicant system using the “button” below.
PRATT INSTITUTE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND RECOGNIZES AND VALUES THE BENEFITS OF A DIVERSE WORKFORCE.