Fairmont State University and Pierpont Community & Technical College, with a 120-acre main campus in Fairmont, WV, is part of the state’s growing high technology corridor with a metro area of about 50,000 residents.
Duties and Responsibilities - Engage with external businesses within targeted industry sectors to identify workforce training needs;
- Analyze training needs and expectations of potential clients;
- Propose solutions to potential clients' workforce training needs;
- Promote and develop program sales and services that will most benefit clients and establish credibility within the business and education communities in a manner that will optimize the College's market share as a contract training provider;
- Further the College's overall mission and strategic goals in regard to workforce and economic development of its service region;
- Coordinate and execute the specific objectives of various contract training programs with staff of Continuing Education and the School of Workforce Development;
- Collaborate with the CE Programming Director to develop the most effective training methods for clients' specific needs and wants;
- Collaborate with the CE Operations Director to ensure contracts are processed, scheduling is completed, and other operational details of training are pre-planned and functioning properly;
- Ensure that the specified outcomes of training contracts are fulfilled;
- Collaborate with other Pierpont Community & Technical College faculty and staff to achieve strategic engagement with targeted industry sectors;
- Collaborate with community leaders and other interested parties to develop and maintain business, industry, and professional contacts throughout the college's service district;
- Identify, through analysis of labor market information and other data sources, opportunities for contract training within targeted industry sectors;
- Report on sales opportunities in new target markets, and maximize new program development opportunities;
- Develop and implement sales strategies, tactics, and plans in response to market needs and/or client needs;
- Formulate, propose and execute workforce training contracts for business and industry clientele;
- Communicate with the CE management team to account for all costs and needs associated with training programs;
- Ensure that contracts correlate clients' needs and wants with agreed-upon outcomes;
- Negotiate contract terms with clients;
- Secure approval for contract execution from the Vice President for Workforce Development;
- Collaborate with the college's marketing liaison to discuss effective approaches for reaching existing and new industry sectors;
- Communicate with the CE management team to evaluate executed programs/contracts;
- Follow up with clients to ensure product satisfaction of delivered programs/executed contracts;
- Assess the quality of completed contract training projects in regard to outcomes achieved, client satisfaction, and program profitability;
- Sell existing training programs to clients as appropriate; and,
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Education Master's Degree.
Required Licenses and/or Certifications
Type and Amount of Experience Needed Over one year and up to two years of experience; however, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience is acceptable which provides an applicant the listed knowledge, skills, and abilities and the capability to perform the essential functions of the job.
Preferred Qualifications Master's Degree in Business, Education, Marketing, or related field, or equivalent.
Special Conditions Must possess current driver's license to attend necessary meetings and/or training events.
Notes To Applicants All applicants MUST complete an online application; paper applications cannot be accepted.
Competency testing may be part of the interviewing process.