OSU – Oklahoma City, located in the heart of Oklahoma City, is enjoying one of the largest enrollment increases in the state of Oklahoma! We are looking for an
Instructor – Power Transmission and Distribution Technology 12-month Faculty.
Be responsible for the instruction of students in the Power Transmission and Distribution Technology Program. Must teach 12 credit hours per semester for laboratory classes or 15 credit hours for non-laboratory classes in the discipline. Must have thorough knowledge of the principles and practices relating to electrical principles, safety, pole climbing, driver safety, and high voltage transmission and distribution field work. Updates and rework existing curriculum and adds new courses as needed so the program reflects the needs of the industry. Advises students and maintains student records in subject area. Works cooperatively with peers, students, staff and faculty as well as business and industry clients.
* Activities occur inside and outside (in varying weather
* Possible exposure to high voltage
* Ascending and descending utility poles using feet, legs,
hands and arms.
* Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up
to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds
of force constantly to move objects.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
* Five years of experience working in the Electrical
Transmission and Distribution Systems Industry, required.
* Communication skills: Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing with clear, grammatically
correct English and prepare complex reports on deadline; requires interaction with supervisors,
colleagues, students, alumni, advisory committee members, and the public, using tact, discretion, and
* Computer skills: Must be demonstrably proficient in Microsoft Office (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel), as well as e-mail and Internet.
* Masters degree
* Commercial Driver's License
* Previous teaching experience
To apply for this position please log onto http://jobs.okstate.edu. Please contact 405-945-3206 if you have any questions about the position.
OSU – Oklahoma City is an AA/EEO/E-Verify employer committed to diversity. OSU - Oklahoma City is a TOBACCO-FREE CAMPUS.