OSU- Oklahoma City is searching for a Financial Aid Counselor.
Processes/reviews financial aid applications relative to state, federal, private, and institutional assistance. Responsible for reviewing application data of federal aid applications, selected for verification by the Department of Education or the University, to ensure accuracy of applications and will process corrections to applications, as needed. Determines eligibility for federal and state aid programs. Counsels parents, students and prospective students relative to cost of attendance and potential award packages.
Bachelor's in Business, Accounting or Finance
* Three years of responsible financial aid processing experience; however, consideration will be given if candidate possesses less than 3 years experience, but is currently functioning in similar position.
* Experience with computerized financial aid management systems
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
* Ability to independently make sound, professional decisions and judgments
* Ability to serve a diverse student body needs regarding financial aid application processing
* Ability to work with a diverse office of team members
* Strong knowledge of financial aid systems and application processing
* Strong technical proficiency, with the ability to analyze and comprehend technical information and produce technical reports
* Ability to efficiently manage a large and diverse volume of applications
* High degree of accuracy, with strong attention to details