Nyack College, an accredited institution of Christian higher education offers undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degree programs at the college and its seminary, Alliance Theological Seminary (ATS) located in Nyack, NY and New York, NY.
The Office of Student Financial Services at Rockland's campus has an opening for the position of Financial Aid Counselor.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, self-starter with excellent problem solving skills and an ability to work independently yet in a team oriented environment. Candidates must be able to multitask and engage a dynamic and challenging office environment.
The primary position objective is to develop a relationship with current students and parents to help them through the financial aid process from the time of acceptance to the point of paying their tuition bill in full each semester of enrollment. Duties and responsibilities include ensuring that students' semester bills are correct on an ongoing basis; communicating with students having delinquent accounts; collecting missing documents and any necessary paperwork from students and/or their families; explaining the financial aid process to those with questions; learning and working daily with the campus database system; evaluating federal tax forms for financial aid processing; and working closely with the staff in other offices to provide streamlined service to students.
1. Bachelor's Degree and/or experience in related field
2. Detail-oriented, inquisitive, and organized self learner
3. Experience in customer service and excellent communication skills
4. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and comfortable with database programs
5. An understanding of and commitment to the Core Values of Nyack College
6. Bilingual: English/Spanish preferred