Requisition Number: STFR000873
FT/PT: Full Time
Under the direction of the Associate Director of Internal Audit, the Staff Auditor position exists to assess, evaluate and make recommendations to management regarding the effectiveness of its risk management, governance, and the system of internal controls inherent in the processes and activities of the University. In this capacity, the auditor needs to become familiar with the mission of the University; ensure that auditee departments/units have goals and objectives which are in line with the University’s mission; and determine whether the processes and activities that departments/units engage in have enough functioning controls to enable them achieve their goals. The Staff Auditor is expected to:
• Assist Internal Audit staff in developing audit procedures for operational and financial audits.
Such audits will be conducted by assessing risks and identifying audit objectives and scope for each review, developing audit programs, performing interviews and testwork, developing clear and concise audit work papers to support findings and recommendations, and writing clear and concise reports to management.
• Perform audit engagements in compliance with the Institute of Internal Audit’s (IIA) Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
• Perform other special projects as assigned.
• Work with the external auditors as deemed necessary.
The Staff Auditor requires a broad knowledge of the theories and principles of auditing, accounting, internal controls, general administration, and information systems. The ability to apply concepts and techniques skillfully on assignments, and the ability to interact effectively either independently or in a team setting with all levels of management is important. Candidates for this position should possess:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field.
* Minimum of one to two years experience in audit, compliance, and\or accounting is required or experience within the higher education industry
• Familiarity with Information Systems operations and controls
• Proven ability to work effectively on multiple projects at the same time
* Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
* Strong analytical ability
* High professional standards with the ability to handle confidential information and work with a diverse population
* Willingness to work toward appropriate audit related certification
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.