Senior Program Director
Requisition Number: STFR000835
Division/College: College of Engineering
FT/PT: Full Time
As a senior leader within the Healthcare Systems Engineering Institute (HSyE), the primary responsibility of the Senior Program Director is to direct and oversee a large portfolio of complex projects across multiple health systems and hospitals. This includes representing Northeastern University in a professional manner to establish and maintain strong relationships with senior leaders at each hospital and health system; working collaboratively with hospital leaders to define and scope potential improvement projects; managing, coaching, developing and evaluating the performance of a staff of at least 15 systems engineering students (a mix of PhD, Masters and Undergraduate students).
This role also includes direct management for the implementation of key projects and project teams at multiple hospitals and/or health systems. The Senior Program Director will work with assigned project teams to define the scope, objectives, activities and timeline for each respective project. In addition, the Senior Program Director will assist the teams with creating and presenting deliverables as appropriate.
The Senior Program Director will also be responsible for creating and managing the internal operational processes and reporting necessary to monitor the progress of all projects and to accurately manage the capacity and workload of the staff resources. This position is also accountable for directly managing the timely and accurate completion of all reporting requirements as directed by CMS and any related Government contractors for the duration of the award period. The extensive reporting requirements include: tracking the progress and impact of individual projects; as well as detailed program-level metrics and milestones.
The Senior Program Director is an innovative strategic thinker with an open and collaborative style of leadership and management that fosters teamwork; sustains a learning environment for staff; and develops a dedicated, results oriented and customer focused team.
This is a highly visible position that will interact with university faculty, administrators, staff, students, healthcare industry partners, and healthcare systems management and staff.
• Masters degree required (MBA preferred); an additional Master of Health Administration (MHA) highly desired. Requires 10 – 15 years of prior relevant experience, in the following areas:
• advanced project, program and portfolio management experience.
• health industry experience and knowledge.
• staff recruiting, management, coaching and performance management experience
• Must be able to manage multiple assignments/projects simultaneously with ease and efficiency, and produce quality results in a fast paced environment
• Think and work independently and analytically on assigned projects to meet milestones and action items in a timely manner
• Effective time management, highly organized, and detail oriented
• Superior communication, planning, and client service skills
• Demonstrated integrity, dependability, sound judgment, teambuilding and resourcefulness to establish and maintain collaborative, positive, and effective working relationships with multiple and diverse constituency groups, e.g., HSyE management, faculty, staff, and students as well as with health industry partners and advisors
• Ability to listen carefully to understand, respond, and problem-solve efficiently and effectively to address concerns and interests of the HSyE Institute, CMS Center, related projects, and health system constituents
• Strong computer skills, especially in MS Office suite products, e.g., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.