Program Recruitment Representative
Requisition Number: STFR001222
Division/College: College of Engineering
FT/PT: Full Time
The primary responsibilities of the Programs Recruitment Representative will be to manage all day-to-day operational, recruitment, growth and visibility, and evaluation aspects of the HSyE’s three primary practice-based experiential education programs, our (1) undergraduate IE healthcare cooperative education program, (2) graduate research internships, and (3) summer healthcare IE fellowship program. This individual will work independently with guidance and oversight from HSyE management and will report to the HSyE Institute director.
General responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and manage healthcare IE co-op fall and spring placements for Northeastern undergraduates, including working with health systems to develop valuable practice-based experiences, coordinating with students’ home department’s activities to prepare them for co-op, maintain contact during placement, and reflect about experiences after completion.
- Coordinate and manage a summer intern/fellows program, including recruitment and onboarding of off-campus and Northeastern undergraduate and graduate students, working with HSyE staff to identify internship projects, managing day-to-day activities, and evaluation and dissemination. This program is expected to grow the next few years and may include pursuing external funding, annual report preparation, and coordination with other HSyE staff to help manage growth.
- Coordinate and manage graduate research internship, including development of ad hoc and continuing one-semester positions within healthcare system partners, linkages to HSyE research activities, and connections with our NSF healthcare research IE center.
- Perform outreach to develop contacts and maintain relationships with HSyE strategic partners, maintain placement and impact records, make referrals and placements for students to appropriate positions, and maintain understanding of the healthcare IE field and health system needs.
- Provide general ad hoc support to other practice-based and professional education activities and programs as they arise, such as including symposia, workshop, and adult education programs, working with other HSyE events, evaluation, and project management staff as appropriate.
Master’s degree or its equivalent in appropriate field, industrial engineering familiarity, and a minimum of three years of relevant work experience. Prior experience working in healthcare and/or academic workplaces is preferred but not required. Additional qualifications include:
- Ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously and work independently to meet milestones and action items to produce quality results with ease and efficiency in fast paced environment
- Effective time management, communication, planning, and customer (internal and external) service skills. Highly organized, detail oriented, and ability to problem-solve efficiently and effectively
- Demonstrated integrity, dependability, judgment, and ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with multiple constituency groups (e.g., HSyE management, faculty, staff, and students as well as health industry partners)
- Strong computer skills, especially in MS Office suite products, e.g., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
For more information on the Heathcare Systems Engineering Institute visit:
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.