Pre-Award Grants Administrator
Requisition Number: STFR000981
Division/College: College of Social Sciences and Humanities
FT/PT: Full Time
The grants administrator would provide pre-award financial and administrative support for the College of Social Sciences and Humanities including all schools, departments and programs. The candidate will work with faculty members to help them prepare proposal budgets. The candidate will review, approve and process grant proposals, and will act as liaison between the PI and the Office of Research Administration and Finance and coordinate any budget, teaching, staff and space implications with relevant members of the CSSH Dean’s Office.
Monitor all grant submissions and incoming grant awards and provide quarterly and annual reports of the data. Prepare analysis of each proposal’s potential impact on the College in terms of course releases, graduate student stipends and tuition, cost share, space and faculty summer salary. Complete budget summaries and submit proposal applications to Dean’s Office and Office of Research Administration and Finance (ORAF) for approval. Act as liaison between faculty members preparing proposals and internal and outside offices and agencies.
- Up to three years experience in budget and account reconciliation; experience in an academic environment with grant preparation and management experience is a plus
- solid understanding of federal/University grant operations, rates and regulations preferred
- computer literacy required, particularly spreadsheet software
- analytical skills, strong orientation to detail, ability to manage/prioritize multiple projects
- Bachelor’s degree required.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.