NUin Assistant Site Director
Requisition Number: STFR000780
Division/College: College of Professional Studies
FT/PT: Part Time
The N.U.in Program is a unique opportunity for freshmen accepted for Spring Admission to Northeastern University. Participants study with one of our international partner institutions around the world during the Fall semester and enter Northeastern University in the Spring. Partner universities or institutions abroad provide academic courses to the participants while N. U.in staff provide on-site leadership and support services.
We are hiring for N.U.in Assistant Site Director(s) for the following locations (locations are subject to change):
• Greece (Greek language skills desirable)
The Assistant Site Director (ASD) will assist the Site Director in facets of academic, administrative, and student life activities for one of the aforementioned N.U.in locations. This demanding leadership position requires a significant amount of patience, flexibility, assertiveness, diplomacy, self-initiative, as well as experience working with students and living abroad.
In addition, ASD responsibilities include but are not limited to the following key areas:
• Service Learning
• Staff Supervision and Development
• Student Conduct
This highly demanding position requires a significant amount of patience, flexibility, assertiveness, diplomacy, self-initiative, as well as experience living abroad.
• Master’s degree in International Education, Higher Education, Student Affairs/Services or related field required.
• Minimum 2 years demonstrated student services experience or higher education experience in a student affairs capacity.
• Experience living with or working with students (in a counselor, residence life, student affairs, or related role).
• Demonstrated experience with crisis management.
• Flexibility and demonstrated ability to excel in fast-paced environments.
• Experience living, working, or studying abroad.
• Proven ability to coordinate and manage events for large groups with attention to detail.
• Teaching and classroom management experience.
• Proven experience supervising student workers.
• Proven ability to work well under stressful conditions and how to take actions that satisfy diverse interest while achieving programmatic goals.
• Location/area experience preferred.
This position is a temporary, non-benefits eligible position.
Staff Orientation: On-line, Mid to Late June
Staff Training: Boston, Late June- July 16
(July 4th off)
Pre-Departure Orientation I &II (PDO): Boston, July 11-16
The N.U.in Program: Please note that Staff will engage in pre-departure preparation tasks assigned by the Boston office between staff training and departure in August or September (varies by location)
On-Location: 3-4 months(Varies by location)
*This timeline is for general planning purposes. Actual dates and activities will be provided after an offer has been made.
The overall time obligation totals approximately 5-6 months depending on location assigned.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.