MS-Career Planning Program Manager
Requisition Number: STFR001035
Division/College: D'Amore-McKim School of Business
FT/PT: Full Time
The MS-Career Planning Program Manager is the primary relationship manager for MS students in the D’Amore-McKim School of Business as well as our MS alumni. This includes students in both full-time and working professional MS programs.
The MS-Career Planning Program Manager provides career advising to students and alumni to support them in their full-time job searches either in their home country or in the US. This includes review and critique of resumes and cover letters, advising on career options, skills assessment, networking strategy and implementation, mock interviews with feedback, etc. Proactive and consistent contact is required to ensure successful placement of these students and alumni. The Advisor is also responsible for educating students on the VISA process and requirements.
The MS-Career Planning Program Manager also develops and implements appropriate programming to support the needs of these students including career management workshops on selected topics and appropriate employer events. The MS-Career Planning Program Manager also encourages participation in appropriate Career Center events such as Career Expos, Insider Insights, graduate clubs, etc. The Advisor will also provide workshops on cultural awareness and employer expectations.
The MS-Career Planning Program Manager represents Northeastern and the MBA program to students, employers and alumni.
The MS-Career Planning Program Manager supports the preparation and delivery of Career Management class for the full-time students as needed. The MS-Career Planning Program Manager participates in appropriate Career Center activities as identified.
• 6 – 8 years professional experience in university career services, human resources, executive search or related function
• Experience working with international students is strongly preferred
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or equivalent preferred
• Strong interest in business and employment trends and hiring expectations for MBA students
• Strong understanding of skills acquired in an MBA program and their relevance in the workplace
• Knowledge of self-assessment tools
• Superior organizational skills
• Superior written and oral communications
• Ability to oversee multiple tasks with attention to detail
• Demonstrated creativity and ability to develop new initiatives
• Strong relationship skills
• Strong team orientation and interpersonal effectiveness to work efficiently and creatively with MBA students, alumni and employers
• Counseling experience in an academic or corporate environment preferred
• Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required, knowledge of Access desired
• Ability to work with database applications
• Flexibility to work evenings as needed and to travel occasionally
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.