Director of Strategic Global Employer Engagement
Requisition Number: STFR001371
Division/College: Undergraduate Education
FT/PT: Full Time
The Director of Strategic Global Employer Engagement works closely with the Associate Vice President for Cooperative Education and Career Development in defining and developing strategic employer relationships that are holistic, comprehensive, integrated and coordinated in their approach, and creates opportunities to build our brand, help drive new levels of employer engagement and sustainable partnerships that create value for all stakeholders. The Director liaisons and partners with all stakeholders across the institution to ensure effective management and growth of the employer/university relationship. This includes working closely with the Director of Employer Relations for Cooperative Education and Career Development, the Vice President of Global Strategy and Business Development, the Director of Industry Engagement for New Program Development, the Executive Director Corporate Relations and the Director of International Co-op Education in deploying and managing employer engagement.
Stakeholders include students (both current and prospective), employers, the University and its various departments (e.g. Cooperative Education and Career Development, all colleges and their co-op administration, athletics, development, etc…) and alums.
The primary mission of the Director role will be to strategically identify, engage, and build sustainable relationships with key employers, in support of the University’s Long Range Plan of providing richer global and domestic employment opportunities for students of the University. In the accomplishment of this mission, the Director will also strive to maintain a holistic, comprehensive, integrated and inclusive approach while maintaining an institutional view towards employer engagement that will always consider the prospective value that these potential partnerships bring to all University stakeholders.
In this regard, the Director will play a key role in working with all other internal University constituents in developing and executing on, a comprehensive strategy of external corporate engagement with the goal of yielding substantial value to all partners.
- Minimum of ten years of combined experience in corporate recruitment, business-to-business development, senior human resources and/or career consulting required.
- International/global corporate human resources/recruiting experience preferred.
- Significant corporate entry-level/university recruiting experience preferred.
- Minimum of five years of higher education experience in a role tasked with building external relationships.
- Proven success at developing and maintaining internal and external relationships, at all organizational levels.
- Must be collaborative, self-directed and outcome/results oriented.
- Must possess exceptional relationship management skills that produce successful and measurable results.
- Must have a strong customer service orientation and focus for both internal and external constituents.
- Must have excellent communication skills, with a positive interpersonal style and attitude to successfully relate verbally, in writing and through in-person interactions.
- Exceptional leadership skills that include— vision, trust, ability to listen, patience, communication, and successful, thoughtful and confident decision making capabilities.
- Must value diverse perspectives in shaping organizational strategy towards achieving mutual value.
- Experience in a higher education career services environment preferred.
- Ability to travel, including nights and weekends.
- Baccalaureate degree required; Master’s degree preferred
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.