Director - Risk Services
Requisition Number: STFR000973
FT/PT: Full Time
The Director of Risk Services is responsible for overseeing Northeastern University’s risk management program with responsibility for evaluating potential exposures and determining appropriate risk management alternatives. This includes purchasing and administering all University insurance and self-insurance plans including but not limited to property, casualty, worker’s compensation, crime, boilers, machinery, bonds, builder’s risk, athletic programs, travel accident, Directors and Officers. The Director of Risk Services will establish types and amounts of limits of coverage to protect University resources and will ascertain cash reserves necessary to ensure payment of future benefits.
The Director of Risk Services works with departments to implement loss prevention and safety programs and other mechanisms for risk avoidance. The Director assists departments to secure proper insurance coverage from vendors or assists them in establishing the correct risk management procedures for their program.
The Director of Risk Services presides over claims investigations and is responsible for managing litigation that may arise and obtaining restitution from legally responsible parties where appropriate. The Director coordinates all claims in litigation with the University Counsel and work with University Counsel and others in negotiating, adjusting and settling all insured and self-insured losses.
The Director is responsible for managing services and relationships and external brokers underwriters, lawyers and third party claim administrators.
- Masters Degree in Business or Related Field, Juris Doctorate preferred
- 10 years experience in comparable position requiring similar skills
- Strong leadership, effective communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong administrative, supervisory, organizational skills and excellent decision-making and negotiation skills
- Able to manage several complex projects at the same time
- The candidate must be a proactive professional with a proven ability to solve problems, and drive the necessary change to create solutions.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.