Associate Staff Engineer
Requisition Number: STFR000678
Division/College: College of Engineering
FT/PT: Full Time
As a member of the Healthcare Systems Engineering Institute (HSyE), the purpose of this job is to support operations and projects for the CMS Center. In this role, s/he will help to plan, manage, and execute CMS projects and related events, with guidance and oversight from HSyE management.
This individual will apply industrial engineering and operations research to healthcare processes and problems, working with some of the best healthcare systems in the U.S. S/he will work on interdisciplinary teams consisting of undergraduate coops, graduate students, clinicians, and healthcare managers.
This is a highly visible position that will interact with university faculty, staff, and students, healthcare industry partners, and healthcare systems management and staff. This position requires a Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree or the equivalent in industrial engineering or related field, with 1-3 years of experience managing and/or supporting high profile projects for an established organization. Prior healthcare industry exposure/experience is preferred, but not required.
• Must be able to manage multiple assignments/projects simultaneously with ease and efficiency, and produce quality results in a fast paced environment
• Think and work independently and analytically on assigned projects to meet milestones and action items in a timely manner
• Effective time management, highly organized, and detail oriented
• Superior communication, planning, and client service skills
• Demonstrated integrity, dependability, sound judgment, teambuilding and resourcefulness to establish and maintain collaborative, positive, and effective working relationships with multiple and diverse constituency groups, e.g., HSyE management, faculty, staff, and students as well as with health industry partners and advisors
• Ability to listen carefully to understand, respond, and problem-solve efficiently and effectively to address concerns and interests of the HSyE Institute, CMS Center, related projects, and health system constituents
• Strong computer skills, especially in MS Office suite products, e.g., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.