Associate Director-Institutional Assessment
Requisition Number: STFR001373
FT/PT: Full Time
Northeastern University seeks applicants for the position of Associate Director of Institutional Assessment in the Center for Advancing Teaching and Learning Through Research (CATLR). The person filling this position will work closely with the Director of the Center as well as the Senior Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education and Experiential Learning to continue advancing the culture of assessment at Northeastern. The associate director will work across different levels of the university and collaborate with senior administrators, deans, and department chairs to provide expertise in documenting both current students’ and graduates’ educational and professional experiences and success. This will involve developing university, college and program-level assessments; refining university, college and program level learning outcomes; planning, implementing, and evaluating meaningful assessments across all learning environments including e-learning and experiential education; and ensuring that the assessment results inform improvements to advance student learning. The assessments that will be conducted will require use of different methodologies including novel approaches such as the use of learning analytics/educational data mining, and evidence-centered design.
The associate director will offer development opportunities, such as workshops and seminars, for university, college and departmental colleagues involved in assessment and continuously collaborate with colleagues at the Center to ensure that the assessment initiatives throughout the university inform the work that CATLR is doing and vice versa. Lastly, the associate director will support grant and research work that the Center is engaged in to advance teaching and learning both at the university and in higher education more broadly.
The applicant will need to have a doctoral degree from an accredited institution, a demonstrated outstanding record of achievement in student learning outcomes assessment including a minimum of 3 years of experience in a university setting. The applicant should also have:
• Knowledge of program assessment and development techniques, learning outcomes and teaching effectiveness
• Knowledge of utilizing learning analytics/educational, data mining and evidence-centered design to inform institutional assessment (including the use of Evidence-Centered Approach for assessment)
• Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
• Knowledge of the literature on learning and assessment
• Publications in his/her field of study
• Ability to apply critical thinking skills in a fast-paced, changing environment
• A proven ability to work with diverse constituents at all levels of the university as well as external stakeholders to develop and implement successful assessment plans
• A record of working well with faculty from multiple disciplines
• Excellent writing and spoken communication skills
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.