Assistant Dean, Academic and Faculty Affairs
Requisition Number: STFR000898
Division/College: College of Professional Studies
FT/PT: Full Time
The Assistant Dean functions in a leadership support position, coordinating all academic and administrative aspects of the international programmatic offerings in the Undergraduate Division for Northeastern University’s College of Professional Studies (CPS), including instruction, student learning, program enhancement, and faculty development. Desired experience includes: recruiting, hiring and supervising faculty, course curriculum development, leading large diverse teams, managing budgets and instructional resources; a strong commitment to shared governance and serving as an advocate for faculty and diverse student learners; and dedication to curricular innovation and integration of technology mediated learning into the curriculum. Essential functions include:
• Working under the supervision of the Associate Dean, monitors program operations and implements the philosophy and policies of CPS and ensures that the international education programs achieve CPS’s mission, vision and goals.
• Supports strategic planning efforts and annual planning for the Undergraduate Division
• Works with Undergraduate Division staff to foster compliance with action plans that support the overall strategic plans of the College and the Undergraduate Division
• Coordinates the development of new program offerings, curriculum innovation, migration of programs to online and corporate delivery, and linkages to other colleges within the university for undergraduate programs
• Working under the supervision of the Associate Dean, implements regular review and revision of courses of study; implements state/federal regulations; reviews course classifications, methods of instruction, and updates required information periodically and/or as needed
• Working with the Senior Associate Dean for International Engagement, develops overall marketing strategy for the undergraduate international programs in conjunction with the academic directors, marketing manager, and the senior management team, and monitors implementation of that strategy.
• Insures compliance with employment laws and practices and coordinates evaluation of instructors
• Reviews teaching assignments
• Monitors class size and cancellations
• Addresses problems involving staff, students, and the public
• Coordinates supervision and evaluation of personnel
• Ensures compliance with AACSB for appropriate programs
• Serves as the liaison with the D’Amore-McKim School of Business
• Serves as the liaison with NU Global
• Collaborates with the other Undergraduate Assistant Dean to ensure effective operation of undergraduate programs as a whole
The Assistant Dean will work closely with academic deans, directors, coordinators, office staff, customer service representatives, advisers and marketing staff within the College. This position also works closely with other departments across the University, such as the Registrar, Bursar, Financial Aid and Enrollment Services.
Master’s Degree required; Doctoral degree strongly preferred. Strong leadership and effective communication skills are a must. Strong leadership and effective communication skills are a must. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to relate to diverse constituencies. Effective administrative, supervisory, and organizational skills and evidence of excellent decision-making skills are required. This position requires project management experience and a demonstrated ability to manage rapidly evolving priorities. A commitment to adult education and a good sense of humor a must. Must be able to travel to locations where program start-ups and recruitment events are needed. Teaching experience is a plus.
Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and a working knowledge of Access.
Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed is required.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.