Marquette University is a Jesuit Catholic University located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Marquette University's 11 colleges and schools deliver nationally recognized programs for undergraduate, graduate and professional students, and working professionals. For prospective undergraduate students, Marquette offers 78 majors and 77 minors, as well as pre-professional programs in dentistry, law and medicine. For postgraduate students, Marquette offers 57 doctoral and master's degree programs, 33 graduate certificate programs, and a School of Dentistry and Law School.
Marquette University is seeking inquiries, applications and nominations for the newly created position of vice provost for enrollment management. This position will provide leadership for the university in all areas of strategic enrollment management, including undergraduate, graduate and professional programs. The vice provost will establish a comprehensive enrollment plan, work with academic units to set and achieve enrollment goals, and increase student quality and diversity. The enrollment plan will include a growth strategy to build enrollment in signature undergraduate and graduate programs that expand and enhance the university’s national reputation and profile.
About the Position
Reporting to the provost, the vice provost works closely with deans, Undergraduate Admissions, the associate provost for diversity and inclusion, the Division of Student Affairs, the Office of Finance, the Registrar’s Office, the Office of Marketing and Communication, the Office of Institutional Research and Analysis, and the associate vice provost for academic support programs and retention to oversee and manage all aspects of recruitment and retention. The vice provost will work with the Graduate School, Graduate School of Management and graduate program deans and directors to establish and meet enrollment targets and encourage faculty to develop programs that meet the changing needs of students and the workplace. The vice provost will also work with Graduate School on a strategic financial aid policy that will attract qualified graduate students. Additionally, the position will collaborate with the deans of the Law School and School of Dentistry to establish and meet enrollment goals. In collaboration with the deans and colleges and the Office of Marketing and Communication, the vice provost will develop recruitment strategies for programs that advance the Marquette vision and mission and are aligned with current and future student needs, university capacity, and faculty expertise.
The development of an integrated data warehouse intended to expand the use of analytics to support enrollment planning and effectiveness is a high priority for Marquette. This effort is currently underway and provides an opportunity for the new Vice Provost to contribute to its design and implementation.
Direct reports to the position include the dean of Undergraduate Admissions and associate vice provost for academic support programs and retention.
• Master’s degree or equivalent
• 10+ years of progressive leadership in enrollment management
• Proven record of success in achieving enrollment goals with a diverse student population
• Significant experience with recruitment, retention, and student affairs or related field in higher education
• Knowledge and experience in marketing in higher education undergraduate and graduate programs
• Terminal degree in an academic discipline
• Experience with enterprise resource planning systems
• Experience with enrollment data analysis, CRM and predictive analytics
• Demonstrated experience in both planning and executing enrollment initiatives
• Understanding of and appreciation for Jesuit Catholic higher education
• Ability to communicate strategic goals to University leadership
• Proven ability to effectively articulate and execute organizational goals
• Knowledge of strategic enrollment management research and best practices
• Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
• Strong project management skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects
Nominations and applications should be submitted to:
Dr. James South, chair of the Vice Provost for Enrollment Management Search Committee
1103 W. Wisconsin Ave.
Sensenbrenner Hall, Suite 103
Milwaukee, WI 53233
Apply online at: https://employment.marquette.edu/postings/2931
The position will remain open until filled.