Adjunct Faculty, Developmental Reading (#5949) NH
Lone Star College - North Harris
1. Teaches Developmental Reading courses at a variety of times and locations.
2. Submits timely required college reports and forms.
3. Develops and utilizes a course syllabus for each course, following established institutional guidelines.
4. Advises students in academic matters.
5. Provides timely, quality access to students via electronic communication and other appropriate methods.
6. Evaluates students by a variety of means to measure their progress.
7. Maintains professional relationship with students, colleagues and the community.
8. Attends meetings, trainings, and orientations as required.
9. Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree with a major or minor in English, literature, creative writing or in a related field such as education, reading, writing, linguistics, or language arts; or Master’s Degree in English, literature, creative writing or in a related field such as education, reading, writing, linguistics, or language arts; or Bachelor’s degree with related teaching or training experience in one or more of the above mentioned fields.
$39.750 per contact hour.
If teaching online courses, applicant must be certified via LSC Online or be willing to complete certification upon being hired.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ON-LINE
To learn of all available opportunities go to: http://jobs.lonestar.edu. Search by keyword or click the "Advanced Search" link to search by keyword or Job Opening ID. Application materials will not be accepted via fax, e-mail, mail or hand delivery.
Normally there is no contact with applicants unless they are selected for interview. At the conclusion of each search all applicants will be notified via e-mail. Some openings are posted year-round and are re-posted periodically; these applicants will be notified and asked to re-apply in order to remain active applicants for those positions.
All positions are subject to a criminal background check. EEO Employer