LIM College – Where Business Meets Fashion is currently seeking candidates for the position of Instructional Designer.
Reporting to the Director of Instructional Technology, the Instructional Designer (ID) will work collaboratively with subject matter experts, faculty and other stakeholders to create and deliver effective teaching and learning experiences. The ID provides training and support services to students and faculty, and assists department chairs and faculty with ensuring academic excellence is achieved across face-to-face, hybrid, and fully online courses. Assures that distance learning courses meet the same integrity and rigorous standards that on-campus courses.
Requirements: The person selected will have the following qualifications:
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree required in Instructional/Educational Technology, or related field and a combination of related training and experience.
- Proficiency with Blackboard or similar learning management system, such as Moodle or Canvas
- Distance learning experience and a good understanding of technology in higher education is essential
- Understanding of instructional design principles, tools for design, and delivery of online courses and programs
- Demonstrated competence in developing courses in Blackboard or other learning management systems
- Familiar with video conference technology and equipment
- Ability to design and execute course development strategies within specific learning management systems platforms
- Demonstrated experience using best practices in instructional design pedagogy
- A minimum of two years of experience in the area of distance education required
General Preferred Qualifications:
- Master's Degree preferred.
- Experience at a higher education institution strongly preferred
- Preference given to experience using Blackboard
Please visit our website at www.limcollege.edu and click on “Careers at LIM College” for further information about the position and information about our competitive benefits package.
For consideration, candidates are required to submit a cover letter, resume or C.V. and the contact information of three professional references to:
Human Resources Coordinator
LIM College – Where Business Meets Fashion
12 East 53rd Street
New York, NY 10022-5268