Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is located 25 miles SW of Chicago. As a Catholic and Lasallian institution, we serve a diverse population of over 6500 undergraduate and graduate students at our main campus and our six satellite locations. Lewis University is a dynamic and growing institution, nationally recognized by U.S. News & World Report, The Princeton Review and Colleges of Distinction.
The Information Security Officer in the Office of Technology is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing the risk management process for Lewis University's information systems and data. The position will lead campus‐wide efforts to secure institutional data that is accessed and stored on the university's information systems and network resources. The Information Security Officer will ensure that data security policies comply with all University policy and governmental regulatory requirements related to information privacy and security. The officer will also work as part of the University's disaster recovery team for technology resources.
• Develops and implements a university‐wide information security plan (to include policies and best practices in information security)
• Monitor, test and evaluate University information systems and network for potential security threats
• Respond to reported information security violations and mitigate damage caused by security breaches
• Investigate security breaches (when they occur) and recommend changes to procedures to protect data from future compromises of university data
• Coordinate with other Office of Technology divisions to develop and implement the University's disaster recovery plan for technology resources
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Associate Vice President for Technology
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems or related field is required or five years of information security experience is required. Candidate must have experience with information assurance and information security products (software and hardware). Candidate must be able to work as a member and leader of a team. Flexibility in work scheduling is required. Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification or other comparable industry certification is highly preferred.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS MAY APPLY ONLINE AT: https://jobs.lewisu.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=52121
Inspired by the University’s Mission values of Wisdom, Knowledge, Justice, Fidelity and Association, the Lewis Community declares that Lewis is a Sanctified Zone where people are committed to working to end racism, bias and prejudice by valuing diversity in a safe and nurturing environment.
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity. Applicants of a diverse background are highly encouraged to apply.