Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is located 25 miles SW of Chicago. As a Catholic and Lasallian institution, we serve a diverse population of over 6500 undergraduate and graduate students at our main campus and our six satellite locations. Lewis University is a dynamic and growing institution, nationally recognized by U.S. News & World Report, The Princeton Review and Colleges of Distinction.
The Director of Academic Technology Services (ATS) is responsible for implementing, managing and evaluating all academic technology resources and services that support teaching, learning and research at Lewis University. The Director of ATS will collaborate with key academic partners in introducing appropriate and innovative technology solutions on campus. The Director will provide overall leadership for the Academic Technology Services division.
• Aligning the department's academic technology strategy, decisions, and services with the strategic plan of Lewis University
• Plan and direct the delivery of academic technology support services related to teaching, learning, and research
• Develop and implement multimedia educational resources in all learning spaces on campus and demonstrate effective use of these resources
• Maintain expertise in current and emerging technologies that support teaching and learning in higher education
• Lead and collaborate in the development of innovative teaching and learning spaces (both on campus and online)
• Collaborate with faculty development personnel to design and delivery training to faculty in use of academic technology resources
• Lead efforts to identify opportunities to develop external partnerships (consortiums, conferences, user groups, etc.) that advance academic uses of technologies in higher
• Coordinate the planning and budgeting needs and staff development programs for the Academic Technology Services team
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Associate Vice President for Technology
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Master's degree in education, education technology, instruction technology or instructional design/related field or bachelor's degree with five years of experience in higher education with progressively responsible positions in technology support and services. Proficient with computer hardware and software programs common in higher education. Candidate must possess the ability to communicate technical ideas to non-technical people in a helpful, patient and friendly manner. Must have the ability to manage conflict and negotiate winning solutions. Candidate must be able to work as a member and leader of a team. Flexibility in work scheduling is required. Two years of teaching or training experience in technology- related field preferred.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS MAY APPLY ONLINE AT: https://jobs.lewisu.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=52123
Inspired by the University’s Mission values of Wisdom, Knowledge, Justice, Fidelity and Association, the Lewis Community declares that Lewis is a Sanctified Zone where people are committed to working to end racism, bias and prejudice by valuing diversity in a safe and nurturing environment.
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity. Applicants of a diverse background are highly encouraged to apply.