The City University of New York (CUNY) is the nation's leading urban public university serving more than 480,000 students in a wide range of educational programs at 24 colleges and institutions in New York City.
Job ID: 10102
Administers all aspects of student loan programs (e.g., Direct, Perkins and Alternative programs)
- Verifies and process forms and applications; determines eligibility and award amounts
- Advises students, parents, staff and community regarding loan eligibility, rules, and options
- Serves as liaison to collection agencies; coordinates default management interventions and processing
- Serves as a College resource on loan programs, maintaining up-to-date knowledge and sharing information with colleagues
- Represents the office internally and externally on issues related to loan programs
- Ensures compliance with University and governmental policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Financial Aid Loans Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
- Advise students regarding the financial aid process
- Conduct verification
Bachelor's Degree and four years' related experience required.
- Possess broad, up to date knowledge and experience in NY State and federal Title IV compliance
- Possess working knowledge of PeopleSoft, Common Origination and Disbursement System (COD), National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS), and FAA online
- Committed to excellent customer service
- Works effectively in team situations
- Has a high degree of personal integrity and ethical behavior
- Excel/Access competency preferred
$42,873 - $81,645
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, go to www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.