A strategic and systems-oriented individual to support policy development and program planning, evaluation, and decision-making through the design and execution of enrollment research studies, including data analysis, interpretation and reporting. This position works closely with all Strategic Enrollment Management departments to optimize delivery of services. The incumbent would manage the student information system and serve as liaison between Strategic Enrollment Management and Informational Technology. Preferred experience: Banner expertise; Admissions Files Processing Expertise; University Environment Data Analysis and Reporting Experience.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Strategic Enrollment Management, this position supports policy development and program planning, evaluation, and decision-making through the design and execution of enrollment research studies, including data analysis, interpretation and reporting. This position works closely with all SEM departments to optimize delivery of services. The incumbent would manage the student information system and serve as liaison between Strategic Enrollment Management and ITS.
1. Establishes and maintains admissions data.
2. Performs data research, analysis, and reporting of all designated SEM functions to improve efficiency and service.
3. Manages communications flow and generation of communication to students from all SEM departments using various means including physical mail, email, and other tools.
4. Assists in the development of an automated system to determine and track prospective student interest.
5. Ensures integrity of SEM data.
6. Remains current on the Banner system and other related software and communicates changes to the admissions staff.
7. Interfaces with the University IT office concerning computer/technical assistance.
8. Manages process training program for the division.
9. Ensures that the internal computer support necessary to provide the required turnaround in students’ admission notification is maintained and in a constant state of readiness.
10. Coordinates initiatives to obtain solutions for timely data reporting.
11. Collaborates with SEM departments and other university offices to develop and implement projects designed to improve delivery of services.
12. Interfaces with other offices involved in assisting new student enrollment.
Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree required.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
1. Familiarity with the admissions process
2. Excellent communication and presentation skills as evidenced by the ability to function effectively as liaison between SEM and the university community
3. Effective leadership skills.
4. Project management skills.
5. Ability to perform complex data research, analysis, reporting.
6. Ability to use independent judgment.
7. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while completing projects on a timely basis.
8. Exceptional skills in database analysis and statistical research methods
9. Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
10. Proficient in Windows-based office applications. This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
Experience with Banner system preferred.
Experience in processing of Admissions files preferred.
Experience developing research, analysis and reporting in a university environment preferred.
HOW TO APPLY: Visit the Human Resources website, click "Search Jobs" & apply. Application materials must be uploaded in (pdf.) format and attached to application.