Reporting to the President, the Vice President for Academic Affairs (VPAA) is the chief academic officer of the institution and is responsible for leading and managing all academic personnel, programs and services. The VPAA serves as the SACS liaison, Chair of the Campus Planning Council, and acts as President in the absence of the LSC-O President.
- Earned, accredited Master’s degree in an academic discipline (Ph. D. strongly preferred)
- Four (4) years of progressively responsible leadership experience managing complex projects in an educational setting (at least department-head level preferred)
- Three (3) years of successful teaching experience in higher education (five (5) years or more preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to manage budgets, long-range strategic planning, and diverse personnel
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence, innovation, and diversity
- Direct experience in curriculum and program development, assessment/institutional effectiveness, and accreditation
- Direct experience in working with external agency policies, rules, and standards
Additional desired qualifications:
- Teaching and administrative experience at the community college, lower division, or two-year college level
- Participation in community service activities and organizations
How to Apply: For full consideration, applicants are expected to submit a completed online application and attach a current resume, cover letter, three letters of recommendation, and official transcripts of all degrees. Apply and submit completed application materials via the LSC-O employment site (https://jobs.lsco.edu). Full review of applications will begin on March 17, 2014 and will continue until the position is filled. Position will begin on August 1, 2014. To view a complete listing and to apply for the position, please visit https://jobs.lsco.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=50449.
An EO/TSUS Institution.