The City University of New York (CUNY) is the nation's leading urban public university serving more than 480,000 students in a wide range of educational programs at 24 colleges and institutions in New York City.
Job ID: 10136
Manages a program or service providing community outreach and services on behalf of a College or Unit.
-Defines program goals, objectives, risks, and roles and responsibilities
-Collaborates with external organizations and community stakeholders to plan and execute program activities
-Develops and delivers direct service to external clientele
-Collects data on outcomes, and analyzes and reports results while planning new and improved services
-May manage an office staff of employees and/or volunteers, and have responsibility for fiscal administration
-Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Associate
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Reporting to the Director of the Career Development Center, the Labor Market Analyst/Employer Relations Manager will manage the collection, analysis, and dissemination of labor market information across LaGuardia Community College's Adult and Continuing Education (ACE) programs as well as serve as a liaison between ACE and employers through a variety of services, education, training, information, and research.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing and managing relationships that inform our training programs and strategic planning and lead to employment pipelines for our students.
- Contributing to the development and growth of new and existing programs and service delivery models based on labor market research and employer needs in collaboration with ACE program directors, credit programs, and community and business partners.
- Managing and implementing standard labor market information reports that highlight regional and sector-based employment statistics and trends.
- Attending and participating in internal and external meetings that lead to the development of new initiatives, helping coordinate activities across the ACE programs, expanding ACE's network partnerships and business supporters, and promoting the College's presence in the community.
- Cultivating successful relationships with local employers around employment and training needs.
- Analyzing labor market information from a variety of sources to make recommendations about training programs in support of ACE's strategic plans.
- Preparing regular reports on regional and sector-based labor market statistics and trends.
- Identifying sector-specific career pathways based on labor market information.
- Assisting in the preparation of new funding requests and other strategic planning initiatives
- Representing the Continuing Education division within the College community and externally.
LaGuardia Community College located in Long Island City, Queens, was founded in 1971 as a bold experiment in opening the doors of higher education to all, and we proudly carry forward that legacy today. LaGuardia educates students through over 50 degree, certificate and continuing education programs, providing an inspiring place for students to achieve their dreams. Upon graduation, LaGuardia students' lives are transformed as family income increases by 17%, and students transfer to four-year colleges at three times the national average. Part of the City University of New York (CUNY), LaGuardia is a nationally recognized leader among community colleges for boundary-breaking success educating underserved students. At LaGuardia, we imagine new ideas, create new curricula and pioneer programs to make our community and our country stronger. Visit www.laguardia.edu to learn more.
Bachelor's degree and six years' related experience required.
Facility with SQL or a similar database management system. Experienced in producing professional presentation materials. Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple priorities, and work cooperatively within a team environment.
Commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should be submitted on-line as follows:
1. Log in to CUNY Portal at www.cuny.edu
2. Navigate to Careers at CUNY Located on the left sidebar.
3. Search by job Opening ID number.
4. Click on the Apply Now Button.
Current users of the site should access their established accounts; new users should click on the appropriate link to register. Please attach a cover letter, resume, and the contact information for three professional references as one document in rtf, doc or pdf format
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.