The City University of New York (CUNY) is the nation's leading urban public university serving more than 480,000 students in a wide range of educational programs at 24 colleges and institutions in New York City.
Job ID: 10157
I.T. Assistants perform entry-level professional work in technology-related disciplines. While areas of specialization vary, typically I.T. Assistants work in areas such as development/programming, communications, technical support, or similar based on the needs of the Information Technology area to which they report. Work tasks include resolving minor technology problems, monitoring activities, and maintaining documentation. They have latitude for independent initiative and judgment, under supervision.
This job is in CUNY's Classified Civil Service. The full specification is available on our web site at http://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/ohrm/hros/classificatio...
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The Application Administrator role involves providing security access to the university ERP (PeopleSoft) system and other applications.
In addition to the general duties, the IT Assistant will:
- Establish and maintain system user-roles and security including access, functionality, reporting, system maintenance and other attributes associated with using the system.
- Test new functionality including system enhancements and provide support.
- Participate in related projects and the future enhancement of various applications.
- Maintain security records regarding access to the PeopleSoft system.
- Assist with troubleshooting of system and program issues involving technical configurations and user access.
- Communicate and collaborate with Systems Engineers, non-technical departments, and senior application engineers/managers to resolve application issue and access promptly.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Create, update, and maintain all system administration documentation as needed.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
- Coordinate and communicate with Functional and Technical team members and end-users.
- Participate in the analysis of the efficiency and effectiveness of current departmental processes and procedures and ultimately help to implement identified improvements.
- Assume system admin functional roles with other campus systems as part of contingency management.
- Administer and enforce data governance policy associated with the PeopleSoft platform and its ancillary processes.
- Keep an up-to-date record of the company directory.
- Create and manage user permissions.
- Work with vendors and management to aide in technical procurements.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
John Jay College of Criminal Justice, a senior college of the City University of New York (CUNY), is an internationally recognized leader in educating for justice, committed to the advancement of justice and just societies. It is a public liberal arts college that enriches the entire learning experience by highlighting themes of justice across the arts, sciences, humanities, and social sciences. Located steps from Lincoln Center at the cultural heart of New York City, the College offers bachelors and masters degrees and participates in the doctoral programs of the Graduate Center of the City University of New York. John Jay College is also recognized for serving a broadly diverse student population. Under the leadership of its fourth president, Jeremy Travis, John Jay College has experienced unprecedented faculty hiring, an expansion of its curricular offerings, and the opening in 2011 of a new 600,000 square foot building complete with a black-box theatre, state-of-the-art lab space for students and faculty, a moot courtroom, and a variety of virtual learning settings.
1.High School Diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent
2.A minimum of six months of full-time experience in a computer or technology-related position. Experience that is more than 20 hours per week and less than 35 hours per week may be counted at 50% of the requirement (i.e., two months of part time experience equal to one month full time experience)
3.Additional experience and/or education that can be met by ONE of the following: An additional three years and six months of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position; an Associate's degree plus 18 months of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position; or a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
4.Demonstrated English Language proficiency
5.A Motor Vehicle Driver's license, valid in New York State, may be required for some, but not all positions.
This title has three levels. To qualify for Levels 2 and 3, additional qualifications, such as education, experience, or certification relevant to the area of specialization are required.
- Good communications skills
- Ability to work independently and thrive in a high paced environment
- Multitasking and prioritizing skills
- Relational database administration experience
- Experience with Windows Server and Active Directory
New Hire: $41,175*
*This amount reflects a 13% salary suppression in effect for the first 24 months of employment only
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please click "Apply Now" below. Once you have registered or logged in with your user name and password, upload your cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references as one document.
March 21, 2014
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Information Technology/Technical
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.