Administrative Specialist II
This full-time, non-exempt position provides support and oversight for campus-wide event management while also serving as administrative support for the offices of Fraternity and Sorority Life and assistance to Student Activities and Leadership Programs.
- Coordinate daily office operations for Fraternity and Sorority Life and Student Activities and Leadership Programs in a shared office space including serving as a receptionist to visitors, ordering office materials, providing oversight of the mail, maintain calendars, schedule meetings, reconcile credit card transactions and track the office budget.
- Data maintenance for Fraternity and Sorority Life includes maintaining current chapter rosters for the entire fraternity and sorority community. Work with our Housing Management system (The Housing Director) to coordinate housing assignments, maintain accurate records of furniture within facilities, and facilitate the billing process for all university owned fraternity houses. Work with our campus wide maintenance system (School Dude) to maintain records of all maintenance requests. Maintain accurate records of all fraternity and sorority members’ GPAs to assure they are following university and national guidelines.
- Responsible for the entry and approval of event and resource requests in Memorial, Hansen, Chapel and outdoor spaces. Ascertains needs of campus community and proactively makes recommendations on the best utilization of university facilities and resources to achieve event goals. Coordinates all aspects of event management, including electronic and oral correspondences.
- Serve as one of two University 25Life Functional Administrators on campus. Responsible for supporting, directing and leading the university scheduling system and training the users who manage the room reservations across the university.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Minimum of three years’ work related experience.
IWU Employment Application Required. Please download the application at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/Positions.html. Applications must be received no later than Wednesday, February 6, 2019. Send applications to:
Illinois Wesleyan University
Human Resources, Holmes 209
1312 Park Street
Bloomington, IL 61701
Email: [email protected]
The final candidate will pass a pre-employment background investigation.
Illinois Wesleyan University’s sexual misconduct policy may be accessed at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/SexualMisconductPolicy.html. Illinois Wesleyan university is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity and Inclusive Excellence; details at www.iwu.edu/diversity