Dean of Enrollment Management
SUNY Sullivan is seeking to fill the position of Dean of Enrollment Management. The incumbent will lead the College’s recruiting, enrollment, retention, and completion programs. The position oversees the administration of quality customer-oriented services in the Admissions and Recruitment, Financial Aid, Learning Center, Registration Services, and Liberty Partnership Program units of the college. The Dean also serves as the Title IX compliance officer and coordinates the College’s compliance with federal and state discrimination and sexual harassment laws.
This position reports to the Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs and supervises the Director of Admissions, the Director of Financial Aid, the Director of Registration Services, the Coordinator of the Learning Center, the Liberty Partnership Program Director, the Office Manager Learning Commons and the Office Manager Recruiting and Admissions.
This is a Management Confidential position, with responsibilities for the formulation of policy and contract negotiations.
Evening and weekend hours may be required.
- Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in Student Personnel Services, Marketing, Higher Education Leadership, Enrollment Management or related field AND a minimum of three years of experience in areas of enrollment management/services, student records, registration, financial aid, or student development/support services, preferably in a community college setting. Experience with records security, student information systems, data tracking systems, and web-based information systems.
- Experience with strategic enrollment management planning and execution.
- Supervisory management experience.
- Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge of enrollment management theory and effective practice, including prospective student management, marketing, targeted recruitment efforts (including web-based applications and delivery), student success initiatives and retention strategies.
- Thorough understanding of the diversity of community college academic and certificate programs and the application of associated careers and job paths.
- Strong working knowledge of current higher education and enrollment trends, issues, strategies, regulations and compliance in the State of New York, regionally, nationally, and internationally.
- Thorough understanding of database management, student information systems (preferably Jenzabar EX), statistical data interpretation and the application of information technology to recruitment and retention programs.
- Demonstrated ability to develop measurable outcomes and apply assessment strategies to formulate data-driven decisions.
- Ability to compile data and prepare accurate reports.
- Proficiency in the latest version of Microsoft office software.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and student success.
- Sensitivity to economic, cultural, and other issues relating to the challenges to college enrollment posed by a diverse student body.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and work effectively with administrators, academic leadership, faculty, students, community leadership, public officials, funding agencies, and members of the community at large.
- Demonstrated ability to present effectively to small and large groups and the willingness to involve members of the extended campus community in recruitment and enrollment-related activities.
- Demonstrated ability to engage staff to build on past successes while fostering change in a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to perform consistently under the pressure of deadlines and other administrative demands.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enrollment Management Planning
- Facilitate the development and implementation of an annual comprehensive enrollment management plan for the College and its various related components, including Admissions and Recruiting, Registration Services, Financial Aid, Community Outreach, Community Education, and Student Support Services.
- Student Attraction
- Oversee the development, implementation and evaluation of recruiting strategies and enrollment programs to ensure successful student recruitment results.
- Monitor results and conducts audits to ensure the achievement of established recruitment targets.
- Facilitate the review and adjustment of recruitment strategies as needed.
- Student Retention
- Oversee the development, implementation and evaluation of programs and services to accomplish the College’s goals and objectives for student retention.
- Produce and distribute progress reports on enrollment goals
- Title IX
- Oversee all Title IX complaints and reports of gender discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence and related allegations of sexual misconduct as they impact students or the academic environment.
- Coordinate the College’s compliance with federal and state discrimination and sexual harassment laws.
- Provide educational programs regarding discrimination and sexual harassment prevention, working with other departments to communicate Title IX policies to all constituencies.
- Respond to, investigate and seek resolution to allegations of discrimination and sexual harassment.
- Identify and address any systemic problems relating to complaints.
- Communicate with law enforcement personnel and other relevant College administrators to handle reports and complaints of gender discrimination or sexual violence and related misconduct appropriately.
- Assorted Administrative Duties
- Oversee the activities and operations of assigned functions, developing and maintaining goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies, and operating procedures with a genuine commitment to student success, growing enrollment, and supporting diversity.
- Discharge supervisory responsibilities: Plan, assign, and direct the work of subordinates; conduct regular performance appraisals; hire, reward, discipline, and discharge employees; address complaints and resolves issues.
- Foster and support the ongoing development of staff by providing orientation, training, performance coaching, continuing education, and professional development opportunities.
- Participate as a member of the Academic Council.
- Serve as the liaison between enrollment services and academic program personnel, including consultation with academic deans and/or directors.
- Serve on a variety of committees and task forces and represents the College at community and outside organization functions.
- Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by the Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, for full consideration we strongly encourage candidates to submit all required materials prior to the review start date of February 8, 2019. The hiring range for this position is $79,000 to $84,000. Please indicate in your cover letter where you learned of this employment opportunity, and E-mail your cover letter, resume and the name, address and telephone number of (3) professional references to: