Vice President for Academic Affairs
Hillsborough Community College (HCC) in Tampa, Florida is seeking a Vice President for Academic Affairs. Founded in 1968, HCC is a public, comprehensive multi-campus, state-supported community college located in the Tampa Bay area of Florida’s west coast. The College operates five campuses and three satellite locations in Hillsborough County to serve approximately 45,000 students and ranks 5th in size among the 28 members of the Florida College System. The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools accredits Hillsborough Community College to award certificates, diplomas and associate degrees. For more information about us, please visit https://www.hccfl.edu/
The position provides strategic College-wide leadership for the development and delivery of educational programs. As the College's chief academic officer, the position is responsible for the administrative management of the College transfer programs, workforce education, continuing education, international education, honors institute, district library services and online learning. The position is also responsible for recommending the implementation of the academic rules and procedures involving all instructional/curricula services and academic technology.
- The position requires at least a Master's degree and at least 10 years of prior-related work experience.
- Minimum of five years of college level teaching experience
- Earned Doctorate.
- Experience working in a community college leadership position.
- Teaching experience in a community college.
- Demonstrated experience in programs that ensure student success.
- Demonstrated experience working in a diverse institution with a commitment to diversity.
- Experience developing programs that meet the needs of students, employers, and the community.
- Experience with online learning. Experience working with external accrediting agencies.
- Experience collaborating with departments on campus.
$100,457 – $174,596 depending on qualifications and experience
March 1, 2019
For additional information or to apply, please visit www.jobs.hccfl.edu.