Director of Marketing
TITLE: Director of Marketing - CCH
ROLE: Oversee all marketing efforts at Columbia College Hollywood, with an emphasis on digital marketing.
The Director of Marketing, in conjunction with the CMO, develops and oversees the vision, strategic direction and effectiveness of all marketing efforts at Columbia College Hollywood. The Director drives the continuous evolution of the digital platforms to ensure that the strategies are contributing to the college's overall goals, and has the ability to align their colleagues and counterparts on all strategies therein. The Director of Marketing supervises agency teams responsible for paid media and creative strategy and execution. This individual will rely on their smarts and experience, resourcefulness and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Salary requirements
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS Specific Responsibilities:
- Leads Strategic Direction for Marketing Programs and Communications;
- Oversees the online presence for CCH from a holistic perspective, ensuring that all properties, including website, paid media, email campaigns, owned media, earned media and online communities, are brand aligned, engaging, and effective in achieving the college’s vision.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in paid media, using digital communication to meet admissions, marketing and communications objectives.
- Develops digital and offline communications plans for individual programs and initiatives, with an eye towards where the digital program fits within the overall integrated marketing communications mix.
- Provides leadership in measuring the effectiveness of communications projects and programs.
- Identifies trends, directions and new developments in digital media, marketing, and technology and ensures the college remains at the forefront of marketing communications and innovation.
- Manages the College’s website.
- Oversees the user experience and information architecture of the College website.
- Ensures that the site has fresh, engaging content and continuously evolve the content strategy to align with marketing goals and the needs of our audience.
- Promotes and directs an innovative use of multimedia, including video, still photography and interactive elements to create dynamic, compelling content.
- Oversees Social Media and Online Communities.
- Nurtures, cultivates, and engages audiences across various mediums.
- Assists in gathering and creating fresh and relevant content; continuously evolve content strategy to align with audience needs and department goals;
- Creates reports and shares information on a regular basis with the team.
- Develops and presents PowerPoint presentations, recap reports, and online analytics reports; Produces and traffics materials (e.g. print, online, websites, social media); Project Management.
- Manages the relationship with all outside resources so projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Plans and coordinates project scheduling, task tracking and completion for all digital initiatives; Communicates and follows up as necessary to ensure timely completion of project tasks.
- Ensures that sufficient resources are available to meet project requirements (i.e. staff, budget, timing, and creative assets).
- Tracks, reconciles and reports on project budgets.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- A bachelor's degree in marketing/advertising, or the equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired;
- 5-10 professional years of experience managing complex, quick paced marketing and digital projects in business
- Deep knowledge and experience with digital and social paid advertising
- Advanced proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, particular emphasis on PowerPoint
- Familiar using online analytics tools such as Google Analytics and data visualization tools to run queries create reports and inform the team
- Extensive experience and familiarity with current online and social media best practices and integrate with offline channels
- Self-Starter: Excited by the opportunities, resourcefulness and nimbleness required of a new office start-up
- Excellent Communicator: Uses varied vehicles and opportunities to promote dialogue and develop shared understanding and consensus
- Maintains continuous, open and consistent dialogue with others
- Checks own understanding through paraphrasing and asking questions
- Technologically Savvy: Possess working knowledge of the use of technology to streamline processes with a specific emphasis on the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Critical and Analytical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Ability to review and dissect information and can apply basic compensation analytic concepts and calculations
- Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
- Problem Sensitivity: The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem
- Customer and Personal Service: Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment (and working with employees at all levels of the organization), meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated ability in handling multiple priorities, project management and meeting deadlines; strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to proactively monitor and adjust activities to respond to changing circumstances and priorities to meet goals, proactively address issues as they arise and mitigate risks associated to events
- Outcome driven; strong project management skills
- Able to work with others to accomplish goals
- Remains composed under stress; handles responses to constructive criticism tactfully and delivers on organizational commitments
- Resourceful, curious, forward-thinking attitude regarding social media tools, platforms, best practices, and competitive trends
- Experience in higher education advancement or non-profit organizations
- Experience with InDesign, Photoshop and/or other design programs
- Advanced analytical skills, ability to translate complex data into actionable strategy
- Advertising agency or consulting experience helpful