LaFetra College of Education Analyst
University of La Verne
LaFetra College of Education Analyst
Job Description Summary:
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement.
>>>If you're passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!
This position systematizes effective data efforts in creating various metric systems in gathering institutional data, interpreting/analyzing data, and reporting the analytical findings to promote evidence based decision making. The key responsibility domains are: 1) Budget Development 2) Budget Management & Control 3) Enrollment Data Management 4) Student & Alumni Data Management 5) Continuous Improvement Metrics 6) Data Warehousing 7) Reporting 8) Development
- Budget Development: Develop budget plans for LFCE and manage/monitor operating budget costs and expenditures. Oversee and manage LFCE Center budgets, including allocation and control of funds. Make sound justifications for budget adjustments and/or reallocation of funds. Develop budget template for Program Chairs to use for budget planning/forecasting. Develop and implement various budget reports.
- Budget Management & Control: Conduct financial analysis and prepare monthly reports for budgets versus actuals, budget reconciliation, fiscal projections, and make informed projections based on actual or historic trends. Identify, evaluate, and recommend various implementations and controls. Process budget change requests, prepare GL journal entries and/or transfers, and set-up new accounts or restricted accounts.
- Enrollment Data Management: Analyze, evaluate, and interpret various data surrounding enrollment planning and management; including program retention rates, enrollment trends, economic trends, program enrollment forecasting versus enrollment actuals. Develop enrollment forecasting models based on historical patterns and data. Audit historical and actual classroom size data and develop tracking system to systematize processes. Implement various protocols to safeguard various data and manage program enrollment equity.
- Student & Alumni Data Management: Analyze and evaluate student success data, including but not limited to student driven statistics, retention rates, transfer rates, graduation rates and evaluate various percentiles. Analyze and evaluate LFCE alumni data, including but not limited to creating a data warehouse for LFCE alumni data, alumni employment outcomes, etc.
- Continuous Improvement Metrics: Create a faculty workload tracking system to analyze faculty workloads, including course releases, course management, overload contracts, stipend payments, research efforts, publications, and faculty projects. Implement an efficient time based data management system to effectively track faculty tenure promotion data, qualifications, timeline, and/or restrictions. Analyze and evaluate faculty workload data and compile various reports to identify workload inequities, including auditing pay exceptions.
- Continuous Improvement Metrics: Collaborate with various staff and Dean’s Office in collecting vital data surrounding strategic plan initiatives, metrics, and institutional research/data. Collaborate with various staff and Dean’s Office in creating an LFCE Fact Book with various student success statistics and program data. Collaborate with Program Chairs and faculty to capture qualitative and quantitative data to relay impact and effectiveness of LFCE Programs.
- Data Warehousing: Effectively systemize data warehousing for external contractual data, including but not limited to Master Service Agreements for new and/or existing external partnerships with other institutions, school districts, hospitals and/or vendors. Implement a comprehensive data warehousing system for contractual data, curriculum data, enrollment data, program data, student/alumni data and other continuous improvement data.
- Reporting: Report various budgetary and data findings, including recommending various adjustments, options, and/or recommendations surrounding budgetary data, program data, enrollment data, and/or other continuous improvement data relevant to Program Chairs and/or Dean’s Office. Communicate evaluative findings surrounding various data analysis, projections, outcomes, etc.
- Development: Collaborate with the Office of Advancement and Development Officer in creating, updating and compiling a comprehensive database of LFCE alumni and/or other external potential donors. Standardize prospecting methodologies to support short and long term development objectives.
- 3 years’ administrative experience in a service-oriented environment, preferably within a higher education setting
- 3 years’ budgetary and/or fiscal experience with the ability to develop budget proposals, manage operational expenditures, and analyze financial data
- 3 years’ experience in providing operational support for projects and/or events
- 3 years’ experience working with Microsoft Office functions (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- 3 years’ experience evaluating various data metrics
- Knowledge and skilled in working with various budgets, including developing and managing budgets.
- Knowledge and skilled in intermediate accounting functions, including posting journal entries, account transfers, reviewing expenditures, and income statements
- Skilled in evaluating various data collecting methodologies, data warehousing, and interpreting data through various reports to communicate findings/outcomes
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel and ability to organize various data, models, and/or pivot tables
- Knowledge in working with Degree Works, Campus Labs, and/or Banner system
Location: La Verne Central Campus
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://laverne.edu
Located in Southern California, the University of La Verne offers a distinctive and relevant educational experience to a diverse population of students, preparing them for successful careers and a commitment to lifelong learning across the liberal arts and professional programs. The academic units of the not-for-profit university include the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Business and Public Management, the LaFetra College of Education, and the College of Law. The university offers both undergraduate and graduate programs, including degree programs tailored for working adults. The university's central campus is located 30 miles east of Los Angeles in the historic Old Town section of La Verne, a city with a population of approximately 35,000 at the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains. The university also has eight regional campuses throughout California and the College of Law campus in Ontario, California. The university is classified as a Carnegie Doctoral Institution with moderate research activity. Core values are reflected throughout all curricular and co-curricular programs, its emphasis on close professor-student interaction, personal support of its students, and its diversity.
The University of La Verne prides itself in being reflective of the diversity of Southern California. Approximately 80 percent of its nearly 8,500 students come from diverse backgrounds and the U.S. Department of Education has designated the university as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). With 80,000 alumni, the university fulfills a critical community function in educating students from underserved populations, many of whom are the first generation in their family to attend college.
The University of La Verne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employment or employees on any basis prohibited by state and federal law. University of La Verne hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications and is consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, medical condition a or sexual orientation
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency