Portland Community College
Best Consideration/Close Date:
The Social Science, Communication & Health Division of Portland Community College, Rock Creek is looking for a full-time Geographer to teach human and cultural geography. In addition to teaching, this position will work district wide to build the Geography and GIS programs in collaboration with the other full-time Geography Faculty (located at Sylvania campus).Rock Creek needs a student centered, collaborative instructor experienced in teaching introductory geography classes, and who is ready to help mentor part-time faculty, develop curriculum, and assist with program review.; Experience with GIS appreciated, but not required.
See the classification description for additional information: https://www.pcc.edu/resources/academic/instructor-qualifications/geo.html
These qualifications, skills and abilities are critical for success in this position.
Throughout the screening process, you will be evaluated based on the demonstration of these qualifications.
In the cover letter, please clearly address our experience with the following qualifications.
- A minimum of two years of teaching experience including demonstrated experience teaching geography courses at the 100 and 200 levels.
- Ability to work collegially and collaboratively with Geography colleagues across the college district to share responsibility for program review, annual assessment, curriculum development, and other non-instructional faculty responsibilities.
- Demonstrates understanding of community college students and their educational needs.
- Demonstrates commitment to the use of innovative instructional techniques and technologies.
- Demonstrates continuous professional growth and development.
- Master’s Degree in Geography OR a Master’s Degree in a related field* PLUS 30 hours of graduate quarter credits in Geography.
Initial Salary Placement up to Step 3 ($56,274) will be based on related experience, per PCC's collective bargaining agreement.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Long-term Disability, Long-term Care, and Auto and Home Insurance programs. PCC currently fully funds the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS/OPSRP) pension and contributes an additional 6% into the employee's Individual Account Program under PERS/OPSRP. PCC offers a tax deferred annuity program and a deferred compensation program where employees may save additional pre-tax dollars for retirement. Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waver for yourself, domestic partner, and dependent children under 24 years of age; plus partial tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions. Paid Leave: - 1 day of sick leave for every 18 days worked (~10 days/year)
- 21 hours of additional personal leave per year
- 4 paid holidays (which occur during the term you are teaching)
View a complete list of PCC benefits.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://pcc.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=155&site=9
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency