Assistant Professor of Medical/Surgical Nursing
Nebraska Wesleyan University seeks applications for a full-time, Assistant Professor of Nursing to teach undergraduate course(s) specific to Medical/Surgical Nursing. In collaboration with the Traditional BSN Coordinator, this position will manage clinical faculty as required and work with other nursing faculty to plan, implement, evaluate nursing curriculum, and meet accreditation standards.
In this 9-month per year teaching position, the successful applicant will have opportunities to create, manage and participate in a variety of learning environments and activities that provide opportunities for students to develop to their fullest potential and achieve their learning objectives. NWU’s expectations for all faculty are to participate collaboratively and professionally with other faculty and staff to promote the general well-being of the department and the college, and collective and individual interest of its staff and student body.
The Nursing department strives to provide a challenging, yet supportive environment for our students. We seek candidates with a demonstrated enthusiasm for undergraduate teaching, and a commitment to creative instruction in a variety of settings.
Nebraska Wesleyan University is a liberal arts university with over 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students in Lincoln, Nebraska. The University’s steadfast commitment to put learning into action through internships, study abroad, service learning and collaborative research has yielded tremendous outcomes for students and alumni.
* Classroom and clinical instruction is the primary responsibility.
* Plans, develops and presents organized learning opportunities for students in accordance with approved course syllabi
* Assures effective two-way communication at all levels of responsibility.
* Provides out-of-class communication opportunities with students.
* Participates in department, division, and college meetings as appropriate.
* Participates in program advisory committees.
* Represents the college to external constituencies as appropriate.
* Maintain competency and currency in the subject matter of courses taught and in teaching skills.
* Assumes responsibility for the orderliness of the learning environment and the appropriate and safe use of instructional facilities and equipment
* A Master’s of Science in Nursing is required, an earned doctorate in a related field of study is preferred.
* License to practice nursing in the state of Nebraska is required.
* At least two years of clinical experience in medical-surgical and critical care nursing is required.
* Experience teaching medical-surgical nursing content and clinical experience.
* Must have an appreciation for liberal arts education.
* Must possess sufficient knowledge of, and experience with, undergraduate pedagogy.
* Demonstrated commitment to student academic achievement.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a variety of constituents.
* Familiarity utilizing technology and learning management systems.
* Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively with faculty and students is essential.
* Strong commitment to student-centered active learning and student engagement activities.
Commitment to Diversity:
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate how they are able to enhance and embrace this University core value in a diversity statement submitted as part of their application materials.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, sexual identity and orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send letter of application addressing qualifications, diversity statement, current curriculum vitae, the names of three professional references and unofficial transcripts to the following URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/ Review of applications will begin on December 10th, 2018 and continue until the position is filled.
Please visit the NWU website for more information about our institution: nebrwesleyan.edu