Information Technology Production Services Supervisor
Los Rios Community College District
Information Technology Production Services Supervisor
Job Posting Number: C00813P
Salary: $8,802.77 per month (Exempt)
Closing Date: 01/29/2019
Complete job description and application available online at: https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/10291
Under the direction of the assigned administrator, supervise, coordinate and perform the activities and functions associated with the design, configuration, administration and support of District-wide applications, systems and databases. [For a detailed job description for this LRSA Los Rios Supervisors Association posting Job Descriptions click here].
● Supervises, coordinate, and perform the activities and functions associated with the design, configuration, administration, and support of District-wide applications, systems, and databases.
● Trains, supervise, and evaluate assigned employees.
● Participates in interviewing and selecting new employees.
● Ensures accountability and adherence to applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
● Assures compliance with District policies and principles of good Information Technology (IT) practices.
● Prepares, monitors, and maintains budgets and expenditures for assigned functions and activities in accordance with District policies.
● Performs related duties as assigned.
● Administers and provides oversight for all or most district-wide servers, databases, and application software for the most critical business functions and the largest user communities.
● Performs district-wide capacity planning for all or most district-wide servers, databases, and critical application software.
● Consults with (IT) management to ensure adequate capacity, performance, and security for all or most district-wide servers, databases, and critical application software.
● Recommends and implements Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to define agreement between IT and business units or customers for the most critical business application software areas.
● Maintains knowledge of components outside of direct responsibilities and work with other IT units (application and infrastructure) to design and maintain overall security of systems and data.
● Designs and implements Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plans for the most critical, district-wide business functions, consistent with IT Management and IT User community requirements.
● Manages the analysis, applications, and migration of patches and upgrades to the ERM (Enterprise Resource Management – PeopleSoft) both in test and production.
● Manages the analysis, integration, enhancement, and support of the District-wide LMS (Learning Management System – Canvas).
● Performs project management for major server, database and application software enhancements and upgrades of the most critical business systems.
● Complex integration, involving large staffing across multiple technical layers and technical units, with significant user impact potential and risk avoidance.
● Monitors all ongoing projects of technical employees in the unit, to ensure consistency with technical direction.
Organizational Support and Leadership
● Provides administrative and technical leadership to employees in Production Services and other IT employees.
● Establishes unit goals according to guidelines.
● Leads the planning, design, and implementation of system architectures for broad, overlapping areas of technology.
● Recommends and justifies relevant IT procedures & policies.
● Acts as a focal point for requests, problems, and issues affecting the unit.
● Ensures timely and accurate problem solving, enhancement, testing, change management, and client relations.
● Prepares internal and external documents and IT activity reports.
● Analyzes and justifies changes and improvements in systems architecture (server, database, and software) to Information Technology Management for the most critical systems and largest, district-wide applications.
● Leads long-range planning and budgeting for the most critical Information Technology systems (server, database and application software) and other related areas.
EXPERIENCE: Two years of experience in a lead or supervisory position in any field. Four years of increasingly responsible experience in application software analysis, design, programming, testing, implementation, and customer relations (the required lead/supervisory experience may also be used to meet this requirement).
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in MIS, Computer Science, Business, or a related field.
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.