Director of Institutional Research, Effectiveness & Planning
The Director of Institutional Research, Effectiveness & Planning is responsible for conducting and coordinating the activities related to institutional research, planning, and reporting. This position will serve as an internal facilitator for research and planning, and develop/maintain systems to communicate information related to research and planning to college employees, accrediting agencies, state boards, and federal agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide overall direction to the College's research and planning functions and collaborate with other college departments to ensure full integration of research and planning activities.
- Facilitate the collection and analysis of institutional data, serve as a campus data steward to support effective decision-making and policy recommendations.
- Assist in the development or selection administration, and analysis of appropriate measurement tools (i.e. employer surveys, CAAP, compass, etc.). Make survey results available as appropriate.
- Coordinate with the Assessment committee on matters of organizing assessment and other sources of data into useful reports.
- Participate in the college's program review and annual mini-review processes in accordance with ICCB requirements.
- Coordinate institutional strategic and operational planning as a system of continuous improvement and make plans available on the SCC website. Assure that all college departments, functions, and activities participate.
- Prepare the institution's annual report in cooperation with other administrators and departments.
- Coordinate, author and submit major institutional reports to state, federal and accrediting agencies and make appropriate reports available on the SCC website.
- Represent the college in local and state organizations and meetings, and maintain contacts with outside agencies as appropriate.
- Maintain professional contact through participation in necessary seminars and professional meetings.
- Prepare an annual budget request, manage and maintain the institutional research and planning budget.
- Develop, in cooperation with the Vice Presidents and President, annual goals and objectives.
- Assist in identification, development, and procurement of grant funding.
- Conduct research on potential external funding sources and identify potential grant opportunities, grant development.
Performing other related duties which may be required by the President (related duties as required are duties that may not be specifically listed in the class specification or position description, but that are within the general occupational series and responsibility level typically associated with the employee's class of work).
Required: Master’s degree in higher education administration or related field and with experience using statistical data processes. Experience in college setting; demonstrated competency in data collections, analysis, and development of data collection systems.
Preferred: Ph.D. in education administration or related. Experience in strategic planning, program reviews and surveys.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. Lifting items up to 20 pounds in weight.
WORK ENVIRONMENT Work is primarily in an office/school environment. Noise levels usually are moderate.
Share this job with your network:
Diversity Profile: University
AAUP COMPENSATION SURVEY DATAView more
Apply for Director of Institutional Research, Effectiveness & Planning
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly