Faculty Part Time - Radiography/Computed Tomography 072016
Adjunct FacultyPosition Information Position Title Faculty Part Time - Radiography/Computed Tomography 072016 Position Type Faculty Department Allied Health FLSA Full Time or Part Time Part Time Fixed Term/Tenure Track Grade PT Faculty Salary Range Hiring Salary Range Salary Commensurate with Degree Union/Non Union Job Description Summary
Faculty Part-Time, Accepting applications to establish a pool of applicants for possible future openings. Salary Commensurate with DegreeMinimum Qualifications
- Graduate of a JRCERT accredited program in Radiological sciences.
- Currently registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) in Computed Tomography.
- Two years of full-time experience as a CT Technologist in a medical environment where a variety of scans are performed.
CRITERIA:The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process.
- Extent and relevance of professional experience to anticipated teaching assignments in Computed Tomography.
- Evidence of knowledge of and experience in instructing supervising and evaluating students in the classroom setting.
- Evidence of currency in professional discipline through continuing education and professional development.
- Evidence of ability to teach effectively within, and contribute positively to, a diverse, multi-ethnic, multi-cultural student population and campus environment.
- Degree from an accredited institution.
- Documentation of experience and performance required.
- Letters of reference must be job related and dated within the past three years.
- Unofficial transcripts must accompany application for teaching positions. Lack of transcripts may cause your application to be rejected from further consideration. Official transcripts of academic work required upon an offer of employment.
- Ability to teach days, evening, and weekends or online.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written standard English.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
Submit a cover letter of interest, a detailed resume/cv listing qualifications and experience. Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience, with specific reference to each of the minimum qualification and criteria listed because this is the information on which the initial review of materials will be based.
Candidates for teaching positions who are invited for an interview may be asked to do a teaching demonstration.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a graduate of a JRCERT accredited program in Radiological sciences?
- * Are you currently registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) in Computed Tomography?
- * Do you have two years of full-time experience as a CT Technologist in a medical environment where a variety of scans are performed?
- * Please describe in detail the extent and relevance of your professional experience to anticipated teaching assignments in Computed Tomography.
(Open Ended Question)
- * I have clearly addressed the criteria for this position in my application, resume or other attached documents.
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- HigherEd Jobs
- Hispanic Outlook
- Personal Referral
- PGCC Website
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook)
- The Chronicle of Higher Ed
- The Washington Post
- Other: Please indicate below
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity? If you selected "Other" please indicate source:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certifications - See Minimum Qualifications for type