Faculty Part Time - Health and Physical Education
Adjunct FacultyPosition Information Position Title Faculty Part Time - Health and Physical Education Position Type Faculty Department Health Education and Physical FLSA Exempt Full Time or Part Time Part Time Fixed Term/Tenure Track Grade PT Faculty Salary Range Hiring Salary Range Salary Commensurate with Degree Union/Non Union Job Description Summary
Faculty Part-Time, Accepting applications to establish a pool of applicants for possible future part-time openings. Salary commensurate with degree.Minimum Qualifications
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Physical Education or a Master’s Degree in Education with a Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education.
- Teaching experience at the college or high school level in the area of concentration, or significant professional experience relevant to the teaching area.
CRITERIA:The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process.
- Extent of relevant teaching experience.
- Extent of graduate educational preparation, in the areas relevant to anticipated course assignments (human performance skills and/or fitness courses).
- Extent of relevant non-teaching professional experience to anticipated teaching assignments. Example: Curriculum Development.
- Evidence of ability to teach effectively within, and contribute positively to, a diverse, multi-ethnic, multi-cultural student population and campus environment.
- Evidence of knowledge and experience in employing instructional methods and techniques appropriate to different student learning styles.
- Degree from an accredited institution.
- Current CPR certification, as well as certifications in specific areas—such as step aerobics, cardio kickboxing, etc.
- Unofficial transcripts must accompany application for teaching positions. Official transcripts of academic work required upon an offer of employment.
- Documentation of experience and performance required.
- Availability to accept teaching assignments during the day, evenings, weekends, at extension centers, and/or online in other distance learning formats.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written standard English.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
Submit a cover letter of interest, a detailed resume/cv listing qualifications and experience. Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience, with specific reference to each of the minimum qualification and criteria listed because this is the information on which the initial review of materials will be based.
Candidates for teaching positions who are invited for an interview may be asked to do a teaching demonstration.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Which of the following best describes your level of completed education? (Education details must be included in your application.)
- Master's Degree or above from an accredited college/university
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university
- Associate's Degree from an accredited college/university
- One to two years of college credit (30 credit hours is equivalent to one year)
- Less than 30 credits from an accredited college/university
- High School Diploma or GED
- None of the above
- * Do you have teaching experience at the college or high school level, in area of concentration, or significant professional experience relevant to the teaching area?
- * Please describe in detail the extent and relevance of your teaching experience to anticipated teaching assignments.
(Open Ended Question)
- * I have clearly addressed the criteria for this position in my application, resume or other attached documents.
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- HigherEd Jobs
- Hispanic Outlook
- Personal Referral
- PGCC Website
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook)
- The Chronicle of Higher Ed
- The Washington Post
- Other: Please indicate below
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity? If you selected "Other" please indicate source:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certifications - See Minimum Qualifications for type