Application Developer Sr
DescriptionJob Purpose: Perform advanced level system analysis, definition and design activities usually of a complex nature. Maintains existing applications.Major Responsibilities:
- Analyze user requirements, determine technical level of effort required and prepare technical design and specifications.
- Develop, test and implement technical solutions. Prepare application test plans and conduct unit, integration and system testing.
- Analyze, modify and maintain existing applications.
- Prepare technical, operational and user related documentation in support of applications.
- Provide technical support to functional users, determining and solving systems and programming issues.
- Assist in conducting informal and formal end user training.
- Advise on and review work of other analysts as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field
- Work Experience: Four to five years job related experience
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires advanced knowledge and skills in application of query language, web development tools, procedural development tools, relational databases, structured programming and understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Preferred Education: N/A
- Preferred Experience: N/A
- Preferred Certifications: N/A
- Preferred skills:
- Highly motivated and able to work in a small team environment.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Knowledge in the following:
- Java (JDK 1.6 or higher), J2EE
- JSP, JSP EL and JSTL
- Relational Databases (prefer Oracle) and SQL.
- Spring 3.x, 4.x
- Spring Core (dependency injection)
- Spring MVC – annotation based controllers
- ORM tools - JPA 2.x OR Hibernate OR ActiveJDBC
- HTML and HTTP protocol.
- UI Frameworks – AngularJS (knowledge of KendoUI is a plus)
- BWeb application server (prefer Tomcat).
- Windows and UNIX OS (from a user point of view).
- Use of source control system like Subversion
- Basic UML: Class, Sequence, Deployment and Use Case Diagrams.
- Writing design documents, and technical documentations.
- Build tools (Maven)
- Integrated Development Environment (prefer Eclipse or NetBeans).
- Use of open source products/tools
- Systems and job environment will house specific software applications and operating systems that are associated with additional specific skills include:
- Workflow framework (BPMN 2.0) – prefer Activiti Workflow Engine
- FreeMarker or Velocity
- RESTful services - Spring annotation based controllers or JAX-RSasic CSS (knowledge of Bootstrap is preferred)
- AJAX and JSON
- XML parsing
- Object Oriented Design, Analysis and Programming.
- Agile Development Methodologies (knowledge of JIRA is preferred)
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: Georgia-Atlanta
Organization: Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
Job Posting: Dec 19, 2018, 5:00:59 PM