Assistant Dean, College of Business
Kutztown University of Pennsylvania seeks applicants for the position of Assistant Dean of the College of Business. The primary role of the Assistant Dean is to manage and oversee the College of Business (COB) in conjunction with the Dean. This role is responsible for overseeing and supporting a variety of academic and administrative processes, assisting in executing COB strategic initiatives and supporting the day-to-day operations of the office. Specifically, duties include:
- Conduct outreach to Colleges (internal and external, including community colleges), departments, faculty, business leaders to develop collaborations with the College of Business
- Assist in managing strategic plan tracking and implementation
- Assist programs in program review, including accreditation and assessment
- Assist in the recruitment of new students and the development of marketing strategies
- Assist in the development of curriculum proposals
- Advance student success, retention and graduation initiatives
- Support Dean in working on personnel and workload management issues
- Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned
- Participate on committees as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
- Master's degree (business preferred)
- One to three years of administrative and supervisory experience in higher education
- Experience that includes regular contact with students and faculty
- Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Customer service orientation
- Ph.D. in business or related field
- Significant business experience
- Experience working in a union environment
All applications for this position are to be submitted via our online application system only. Attach the following items to the online application:  a cover letter to Dr. Bradley Shope, Search Committee Chair, that addresses how the applicant meets the required and preferred qualifications,  a full curriculum vitae, and  the contact information for a minimum of three professional references, one of which must be the current or most recent supervisor.
Complete applications received by January 30, 2019 will receive full consideration, and the search will continue until the position is filled. Successful on-campus interview, reference checks, background clearances (PA Criminal, Child Abuse Clearance and FBI Clearance) and demonstration of ability are requisite qualifications for all positions. Official transcripts for all degrees are required prior to appointment.
Kutztown University enrolls approximately 8,500 students in graduate and undergraduate programs. The University is located adjacent to the borough of Kutztown in a charming rural setting and is within 30 minutes driving time of the diverse metropolitan areas of Allentown/Bethlehem and Reading, and within 60 minutes of the Philadelphia metropolitan area. The University is very interested in hiring employees who have extensive experience with diverse populations. Kutztown University is an AA/EOE member of the PA State System of Higher Education and actively solicits applications from women and minority candidates.