Human Resources Manager
Human Resources Manager– Staff - California Northstate University, Elk Grove, California, USA
POSITION TITLE: Human Resources Manager REPORTS TO: President
WORK SCHEDULE: 1.0 FTE, full time, exempt
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
POSITION SUMMARY: Administer employee services, plan, direct, and coordinate the employee administrative functions of an organization. Oversee organization regulatory and compliance requirements. Oversee the recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of new employees. Develop and implement policies and procedures for the operation of the CNU Human Resources Department.
- Follow and enforce all standard operating procedures.
- Work directly with payroll personnel to ensure accurate employee information.
- Maintain and coordinate all employee benefits and personnel files.
- Participate in the hiring, evaluation, remediation, and termination procedures.
- Implement and meet all statutory and regulatory employment requirements.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for the operation of the department.
- Adhere to legal requirements and privacy guidelines, including all relevant state and federal laws.
- Serve as a role model in adhering to policies and procedures as outlines in the Employee Handbook.
- Cultivate relationships and represent the University with a high degree of professionalism and tact.
- Carry out program policy directives in an effective and timely manner
- Analyze situations thoroughly, identify potential problems, and find effective solutions
- Interpret, apply, and explain administrative and department policies and procedures
- Establish and maintain positive and professional working relationships with employees, managers, students, and other constituencies
- Apply appropriate independent initiative, discretion, judgment, and organizational skills to a variety of projects, assignments, and situations
- Apply available guidelines, policies or procedures in diverse and sensitive situations
- Prepare and present written correspondence, reports and material in a clear, accurate, and comprehensible terms
- Other duties as assigned
- An understanding of employment legal requirements, federal and state employment, labor, wage and hour laws
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Capability to represent the department and University in a professional manner
- Must be able to research, problem solve, and identify solutions
- Proficient in the Microsoft Suite
- Knowledge of contemporary principles and practices of human resources management including recruitment and selection, job classification, compensation, employee benefits and training
- Knowledge of laws and techniques governing EEO
- Knowledge of modern administrative methods and procedures, business correspondence and report preparation
- Effective research and record keeping methods and techniques
- Apply critical thinking, problem solving, and collaborative approaches to improving HR services
EDUCATION: B.S. or B.A in Human Resources, Business, or related area
EXPERIENCE: Certification in Human Resources is preferred; strong working knowledge of state and federal HR laws, proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Is good with computers and spreadsheets.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must be able to work in a multi-tasked high volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities.
- Commitment to professional integrity, including knowledge of and commitment to upholding federal confidentiality guidelines regarding financial matters.
- Commitment to a collaborative work environment.
- Commitment to seeking appropriate professional development.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Work at computer for extended periods of time. Move/manipulate supplies and equipment of various weights (up to 25lbs)
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Office environment
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. For full consideration, candidates should provide resume with at least three references. All candidates are asked to provide a cover letter, articulating how their knowledge, experience, and how their beliefs have prepared them to function in support of California Northstate University's vision and mission statements.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, list of references, and any additional information to the HR Department. Review of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
California Northstate University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. For inquiries, please contact us by email or telephone: (916) 686-7400.