Manager, Regional Clinical Site
NYIT (New York Institute of Technology) offers 90 degree programs, including undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees, in more than 50 fields of study, including architecture and design; arts and sciences; education; engineering and computing sciences; health professions; management; and osteopathic medicine. A non-profit independent, private institution of higher education, NYIT has 9,000 students at campuses in New York City (Manhattan) and Long Island (Old Westbury) in New York; Jonesboro, Arkansas; Vancouver, British Columbia; and in various programs around the world. NYIT sponsors 13 NCAA Division II programs.
NYIT is guided by its mission to provide career-oriented professional education, offer access to opportunity to all qualified students, and support research and scholarship that benefit the larger world. More than 100,000 graduates have received degrees from NYIT. For more information, visit nyit.edu.
The New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine, located on Long Island (Old Westbury, N.Y.), is requesting applications for a Manager, Regional Clinical Site. The College of Osteopathic Medicine just celebrated its 40th Anniversary as one of the largest single-campus medical schools in the U.S.
- Serve as the administrative liaison between NYITCOM main campus and students assigned to affiliate regional clinical training sites, as well as Clinical Adjunct Faculty and staff at affiliated clinical teaching sites
- Maintain established relationships with clinical faculty (e.g., Chief Academic Officer, Director of Medical Education, Program Director, and Clerkship Director) and on-site coordinators and other relevant staff, while supporting and promoting a continuous cycle of recruitment of future clinical sites.
- Monitor and ensure support for a successful teaching and learning environment by troubleshooting conflicts and perceived challenges (potential and documented)
- Maintain a continuous schedule of contact and availability with physicians and respective affiliate sites.
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of faculty development for Clinical Faculty at affiliated clinical teaching sites, as needed.
- Develop and maintain a thorough familiarity with the NYITCOM electronic student evaluation system in order to assist in the correct usage of the system for student evaluation by the clinical adjunct faculty.
- Assure all student performance evaluations and student clerkship feedback surveys are submitted on time.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of affiliation agreements.
- Report directly to the Assistant Dean of Clinical Education.
- Participate in meetings, either in person or via remote communication technology .
- Communicate closely with the Clinical Education Senior Specialist (and/or other relevant staff) at NYITCOM, to facilitate successful 3rd and 4th year medical student learning experiences.
- Develop and maintain a supportive professional relationship with NYITCOM students.
- Assure timely submission of required site visit reports.
- Maintain a mechanism for communication, contact information, accessibility, and a schedule of availability for students at the respective clinical sites.
- Maintain a current knowledge of undergraduate osteopathic medical education, and NYITCOM clinical curriculum and graduation requirements.
- Promote the mission of the COM, by emphasizing excellent clinical education training/ experiences for students, as well as appropriate communication skills and professionalism.
- Promote continued life-long learning and wellness for medical students.
- Promote and attend main campus events.
- Some overnight travel expected i.e. Candidates should anticipate an initial on-boarding process with training on campus at NYITCOM in Old Westbury with additional and as needed training no less than once per year. Expect to travel to NYITCOM in Old Westbury for in-person meetings with leadership a minimum of six times per year.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher
- Background in Communication, Marketing, or Public relations preferred.
- Excellent organizational, communication, collaboration, and public speaking skills a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and versed in speaking with professionals
- Ability to travel usually within the state/region;
- Some overnight travel expected i.e. Candidates should anticipate an initial on-boarding process with training on campus at NYITCOM in Old Westbury with additional and as needed training no less than once per year. Expect to travel to NYITCOM in Old Westbury for in-person meetings with leadership a minimum of six times per year
To apply please visit: https://careers-nyit.icims.com/jobs/1501/manager%2c-regional-clinical-site/job.
NYIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity