Camps, Conferences, Youth Programs Compliance & Support Manager
The position is responsible for the administration and compliance of policies related to hosting and sponsoring events on campus including the Minors on Campus Policy as required by the University System of Georgia and Kennesaw State University, financial transactions, risk management, food service, and room usage policies as outlined by Kennesaw State University. In this capacity, they are responsible for ensuring that University entities adhere to stated policies in any situation that we have hosted or sponsored activity on any KSU campus or site, including events, camps, conferences, academic research, and recruitment activity.
As the Camps, Conference, Youth Programs Compliance and Support Manager, this person is responsible for all risk-based preparation for events, either hosted or sponsored, including providing mandatory online and in person training on a regular basis. Coordinate with faculty, staff, students, and third party entities regarding program requirements such as risk-management forms, insurance certificates, mandatory training, background checks, etc. Must understand all stated policies and related protocol and be able to coordinate on behalf of on and off campus entities with on-campus units. This includes working with Risk Management to ensure that insurance levels are sufficient and appropriate documentation is on hand, making sure that events, camps, and conference involving minors have been registered sufficiently according to state and university guidelines, and that camp sponsors and hosts have been trained or investigated properly. This position requires driving to multi-campus locations and event sites. This position requires cash handling
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Manage administration of the Minors on Campus Policy
- Ensure administration complies with the mission, vision, values and strategic goals of the University.
- Ensure operation complies with rules, regulations and laws of the University System of Georgia, State of Georgia and Federal.
- Manage and serve as the primary point of contact for Marketplace, an online registration and sales portal that is required for sponsored events and available for hosted use.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with campus constituencies and community entities in accommodation and promotion of Kennesaw State University conference facilities and services, including Risk Management, Human Resources, Housing and Residence Life, Athletics, Student Affairs, Student Recreation, Conference Services, etc.
- Develop and implement educational and informational material to ensure that information is being distributed to constituencies in a timely and accurate way.
- This position requires cash handling
- This position requires driving to multi-campus locations and event sites.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
As part of the background check process, this position WILL require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check and MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) as a condition of employment. See http://hr.kennesaw.edu/managers/docs/Credit_check_criteria.pdf and http://www.usg.edu/hr/manual/motor_vehicle_use for policy guidelines.
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
Contingent funding: Funding for this position is based on revenue generated funds and therefore continued employment is based on availability of these funds
Minimum qualifications: Bachelor's degree and 5 years experience (may require some specialized skill sets/training)
Prefer five to ten years related job experience.
The successful candidate will understand all stated policies and related protocol and be able to coordinate on behalf of on and off campus entities with on-campus units.
Is proficient in all aspects of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Possesses strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
Is a self-starter and work well without supervision.
Has a strong attention to detail while managing multiple tasks.