NSOE ESP Div
The Superfund Research Center (SRC) at Duke University's Nicholas School of the Environment (NSOE) includes four research projects and five support cores. In addition to the objectives of each project and core, an over arching goal of the Duke SRC is to foster the further development of synergistic interactions among Center Investigators, their laboratories and students, and the diverse fields they represent. This positionreports to the Principal Investigator for the SRC and will serve as the key administrator supporting the program.
Superfund Research Center Administration
- Serve as a central point of contact for the Center.# Coordinate and plan all meetings, including but not limited to Internal and External Advisory Committees, and monthly Center meetings.
- Establish project management timeline to support Center and ensure timely submission of annual reports and grant renewals.
- Elicit, prepare, coordinate, compile, and review RPPR report elements(ie. biosketches and SRP required components) for proper placement, consistency, accuracy, and completeness.
- Monitor and coordinate efforts to ensure compliance with agency and University regulations regarding submission and provide related guidance to Center investigators
- Coordinate and monitor non competing & competing proposal status and advise PI on requirements and deadlines in conjunction with Central Business Office workload
- Coordinate and compile Annual Progress Update (SRC)
- Work closely with Central Business Office Pre & Post Award Grants Managers to process report submissions and ensure post award fiscal management and oversight
- Maintain relationships and liaise with Center constituents including, but not limited to, NIEHS staff, graduate students, researchers, managers, project personnel, Duke staff, and others
- Support and foster the Center's PR efforts in conjunction with the Research Translation Core & Community Engagement Core; write news posts for publication for Center and Program websites as needed
- Review and discuss effort reports with students, post docs and staff as needed
- Manage Umbrella IACUC Protocol renewal process
- Manage IRB Umbrella Protocol renewal process
- Coordinate and manage Summer REU program including promoting to other institutions, Duke entities, etc., managing hiring & onboarding, issuing lab assignments, and coordinating weekly summer trainee seminar series
- Coordinate and manage trainee pilot project grant application process with Training Core Director
- Assist Directors with other Program and Center administrative tasks as needed. Seminars / Symposia - Event Coordination for SRC and University Program in Environmental Health (UPEH)
- Act as primary contact for Seminars & Symposia, working with Training Core Director and Director of Graduate Studies (DGS)
- Communicate invitation, logistics, expectations, directions etc., to all weekly seminar& symposia speakers
- Arrange speaker travel & hotel as needed (approx. 10 external speakers per semester)
- Format and distribute seminar schedule & update as needed
- Coordinate final Summer REU Symposium# Send weekly seminar reminders to stakeholders
- Manage catering orders on a weekly basis
- Manage room & space rentals as needed
- Process speaker travel reimbursements as needed (also part of general Center duties)
- Manage catering budget and expenses# Clear events related p-card transactions
- Update University Events Website (c. 35 events per year)
- Advertise through a variety of Duke outlets, social media, our website, and targeted E-mail.
- Manage and create content for websites and social media accounts(Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn); and send weekly email notifications regarding events
- Coordinate and set up A/V as needed
- Process vendor payments as needed UPEH Duke Graduate Studies Assistant (DGSA) & SRC Training Core Admin
- Primary point of contact for Program, working with Duke Graduate students
- Update SRP Career Trac (SRC trainee records) no less than quarterly
- Advise prospective and enrolled graduate students regarding applications, program requirements; facilitate Departmental affiliation.
- Maintain and monitor the records of graduate certificate students from enrollment in program through graduation; conduct final audit of student records prior to issuance of certificate
- Maintain records of faculty activities(mentoring record, evaluations by mentees)
- Track engagement/service (teaching, seminars, annual evaluation participation, etc.)
- Collaborate with the Director of Graduate Studies to increase certificate enrollment and publicize graduate classes
- Manage and maintain Web APP budget for TOX students in conjunction with Lead DGSA
- Coordinate all aspects of Admissions including application review, decision communications; including arranging committee meetings, individual student interview meetings(December-March)
- Coordinate all aspects of Recruiting / Visitation Event (February)
- Coordinate all aspects of Orientation in conjunction with ENV / SOM for incoming ITEHP students
- Coordinate annual meetings for c. 30 certificate students each spring
- Coordinate evaluation and reporting of training outcomes.
- Attend Basic Medical Sciences DGS / DGSA meetings
- Attend all GS DGS/DGSA meetings (Budgets, Applications, Dean's mtgs)
- Advise and assist students with Departmental affiliation process
- Communicate program affiliations and requirements to NSOE Lead Dept DGSA
- Prepare and process annual award letters and Departmental affiliation backstop forms
- Establish and monitor payroll for ITEHP fellowship students (4-6annually)
- Process xTrain appointments and terminations in era Commons
- Process and advise on certificate enrollment / communicate with graduate school
- Manage websites / facebook news & events feed
- Promote Program and SRC Center & Training Core events and initiatives.
- Design and produce print and digital flyers for Program and Training Core events and activities
- Expand social media reach through strategic efforts in ordnance with the department and the university's branding policies.
2835 OPERATIONS COORDINATOR
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion,sexual orientation, or veteran status.Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires analytical, communications and organizational skillsgenerally acquired through completion of an Associate's degree program.
Work requires three years of relevant experience.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.