Nurse Practitioner-Family Medicine
Rowan University is a public comprehensive state-designated research institution with approximately 16,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20 miles southeast of Philadelphia, with additional campuses in Camden and Stratford. The University comprises seven colleges and five schools: the William G. Rohrer College of Business; the Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering; the Colleges of Communication and Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics; the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University; the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine; the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences; the School of Health Professions; and the School of Earth and Environment. Rowan is one of two public universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical degree programs. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. Rowan has been recognized as one of the top 100 public universities in the nation and is ranked third among public institutions in the North by U.S. News & World Report. Full-time position to work with physicians to independently provide outpatient primary care to patients, which includes managing the care and treatment of patients to include: taking histories, making assessments, ordering diagnostic testing, and clinical decision making within the professional scope of practice.
- Commitment to Quality Customer Service
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and skills necessary for independent clinical decision making
- Provide emphasis toward health promotion and disease prevention
- Develop treatment plans for acute and chronic disease management
- Educating and guiding patients on disease prevention and healthy lifestyle habits
- Performing physicals, well and sick visits to a population ranging from newborn to geriatrics
- Cultivate a welcoming and supportive environment for individuals that have questions regarding their health and to provide educated answers
- Dedicated to meet or exceed established performance goals
- Maintain a clean & organized work-space
- Keep appointment schedule running smoothly & efficiently
- Maintain communications with patients via patient portal and EMR messaging
- Be able to work evening and Saturdays. Usually one evening a week and one Saturday per month.