R & D Lab Technician
Position Title: R & D Technician
Department: Research & Development
Reports to: Director of R & D
Five Star Products is a formulator, manufacturer & marketer of a broad range of construction materials & chemicals for the industrial and infrastructure markets. We are seeking a laboratory technician or BS level chemist with experience in the formulation and testing of cement-based products and/or epoxy and other polymer systems. This is a bench-level position.
• Sets up and conducts experiments for product development as directed by R&D chemists or under the direction of R&D chemists.
• Conducts routine and non-routine testing/analysis in support of product development efforts under the direction of R&D chemists.
• Maintains laboratory notebook to document experimental results.
• Maintains laboratory instruments and equipment as required.
• Ensure timely disposal of raw materials from the lab.
• Maintains lab area and equipment.
• Perform specified tests as directed.
• Follow written operating procedures and instructions
• Identifies and records any problem relating to the product, process and quality system
• Test production samples of various Five Star cement and organic products as necessary.
Authority (Including Quality Related):
• Reviews, approves or rejects the nuclear lab test results to Quality Specifications
• Initiates action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process, and quality system.
• Identifies, records and calls to the supervisor's attention, any problems relating to the product, process, and quality system.
• Initiates, recommends, or provides solutions through designated channels.
• Verifies the implementation of solutions.
• Controls further processing, or delivery of non-conforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
• Releases product to customers.
• Approves raw materials for production.
• Domestic travel required
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication and analytical skills.
• Familiarity with science concepts, and is computer literate.
• High school diploma or GED required. Associates/BA/BS Degree in scientific field with 3+ years of experience preferred.
Louisiana Blending, LLC, (LAB) is a toll manufacturer of specialty cement products. At our New Orleans, LA, facility, we blend and bag dry cements and sands with various additives and fillers per our customer's specifications. Typical products produced by LAB include construction grouts, concrete repair materials, floor levelers, stucco powders, and tile grouts.
Mon, 15 May 2017 07:01:52 PDT