Associate Dean, College of Professional Studies
TITLE: Associate Dean, College of Professional Studies
REPORTS TO : Dean, College of Education and College of Professional Studies
POSITION: Exempt; Full-Time
WORK HOURS: Generally Monday through Friday; evenings and weekends may be required; 1-2 days per week at alternate location in Wall Township, NJ, as needed
Doctoral degree required. Minimum of five years of academic experience in discipline with strong evidence of scholarship, teaching and service. Concurrent faculty rank and tenure consideration to be determined commiserate with credentials and experience. Evidence of commitment to equity, access, social justice, and service to the university community, other community agencies, and the community at large. Thorough knowledge of college-specific programming, curricular standards, set up and management of laboratories and clinical experiences, and best practices in teaching.
- Leadership Skills Teamwork & Effective Relationships Effective Communication Ability to Exercise Academic Judgment Experience in Teaching, Research and Service Assessment and Data Analysis for Program Review
The Associate Dean provides academic leadership and support for the college community to execute the academic mission of the college and university. The Associate Dean shall oversee department activities in the college as it relates to program offerings, advisement, recruitment, screening and hiring of adjunct faculty. Assists the Dean of the college with course and faculty scheduling, budget, and payroll. The Associate Dean provides leadership and guidance to Department Chairs and serves as a liaison to the Dean of the college. Assumes select responsibilities of the Dean in Dean’s absence. Departments in the College of Professional Studies include the following: Nursing; Health Sciences; Fitness, Exercise and Sports; Criminal Justice; Professional Security Studies; and Fire Science.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Be knowledgeable of all programs offered in the college.
- Mentor and advise faculty, staff and students.
- Manage student, faculty, and staff concerns within the college.
- Assist with and provide support for accreditation; serve on accreditation committee and assist in authoring self-studies.
- Assist and support student success initiatives.
- Assist dean as needed with evaluations of faculty related to reappointment, promotion, and tenure
- Review and approve scheduling of classes, monitor course enrollments and manage course cancellations to ensure appropriate course offerings and course rotations.
- Remain abreast of changing state and federal regulations related to licensure and/or certification requirements for graduating students and faculty within the discipline.
- Develop and implement policies addressing student concerns related to grievances, matriculation, and other emergent issues between students, faculty and staff.
- Assist with providing faculty with resources necessary for improving instructional effectiveness, program development and assessment.
- Effectively promote the use of all forms of administrative and academic technologies available within the university.
- Assist in the preparation of annual university reports synthesizing the accomplishments, goals, and objectives of various programmatic components of the college.
- Foster faculty, staff, and student participation in the larger community.
- Support fundraising activities for the College and University.
- Represent the college on a variety of university committees and attend university events on behalf of the college.
- Attend state and national conferences addressing issues related to the mission of the College and University
- Provide administrative support for the supervision of clerical and professional staff in the daily activities involved in the overall operations of the college.
- Carry out additional duties as determined by the Dean/Provost.
Usual office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is typical of most office environments. Travel may be necessary to attend meetings and public relations events, as well as to support the alternate location of NJCU @ WALL.
There is no support staff directly reporting to the Associate Dean. The Associate Dean may direct support staff in the Dean’s absence and contributes to performance evaluations of support staff.
CUT-OFF DATE FOR FILING APPLICATIONS: 5/26/17
Apply for Associate Dean, College of Professional Studies
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly