Athletics Communications Assistant
- Serving as the primary contact for Men's Basketball and other sports to be assigned including but not limited to developing and managing publicity for each.
- Writing, researching, compiling and editing various athletic department communications materials.
- Updating record books and student-athlete and coaches' bios in a timely manner for assigned sports.
- Maintaining statistical archives for assigned sports.
- Being the primary contact for the production of UNC Asheville video-streaming for live games on the Big South Network and other video projects.
- Assisting in coordinating and supervising of game day Big South Network student staff.
- Promoting student-athletes for various national, regional and conference awards.
- Complying with all NCAA, Big South and UNC Asheville rules, regulations and policies.
- Managing the Athletics social media platforms, including the athletic department's Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Assisting with the maintenance of the athletic department website (www.uncabulldogs.com).
- Assisting with conference and NCAA championship events hosted by UNC Asheville.
- Coordinating all social media efforts for UNC Asheville's athletic programs including creating graphics for social media and generating high quality video content to engage the Athletics social media fan base.
- Working with team members to manage creative consistency of all internal and external athletics communications.
- Assisting in mentoring and assigning projects to student workers and interns.
- Working closely with UNC Asheville's Communication and Marketing Department along with various sports' media.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, mass communications or a related discipline; Master's Degree preferred.
- At least two (2) years of athletic communications/media relations/sports information experience in a collegiate or professional setting.
- Demonstrated proficiency and experience with in all aspects of electronic media including live streaming video/audio (tricasters, cameras, etc.) with the ability to troubleshoot.
- Experience with Daktronics equipment including scoreboards and video boards preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Familiarity and knowledge of Stat Crew software in various sports.
- Hands on experience with social media tools, listening/monitoring, or social CRM solutions. Proficiency in computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, InDesign, HTML, etc.).
- Passion for social media and communications, with high level of interest in sports. Prior experience in an athletic setting (collegiate or professional) would be ideal.
- Exceptional customer service, and organizational skills to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects effectively with tight deadlines.
Learn more about this vacancy, and apply online at http://jobs.unca.edu/. Applications accepted through April 30, 2017.
UNC Asheville is committed to equality and diversity of experiences for our students, applicants and employees. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply regardless of socio-economic status, gender expression, gender and sexual identity, culture, and ideological beliefs. UNC Asheville is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will not discriminate against applicants and employees on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other legally protected status with respect to all terms, conditions, and privileges of university-sponsored activities, employment, and the use of university facilities.